IGNORED

Cigarette Lighter

Monty

Does anyone have a pic of where they might have a cigarette lighter mounted on their RSV?

I want to add one that is easily accessible while riding. I have seen a pic of the Kuryakyn lighter while searching on here.

I would like to see some installed, to give me some ideas.

I dont have a picture but if you look on the left side between the seats you will see a rubber plug. I pulled this plug and mounted a lighter right there. Hard wired it to an accessory fuse box I had installed. It is not the easiest to get to until you are used to it. But with practise and if you arms are long enough it works great. Make sure to get a weather proof one if you can as it will get wet in there.

In not a smoker but how about this for a idea. Many of us have gutted our much sought after cassette players so how about this. behind the flip down door you will have left make a plate with the lighter installed and you will have room left for a fresh pack of smokes. Have I got you thinking yet?

Does anyone have a pic of where they might have a cigarette lighter mounted on their RSV?

I want to add one that is easily accessible while riding. I have seen a pic of the Kuryakyn lighter while searching on here.

I would like to see some installed, to give me some ideas.

Bad thing is...I've had my Kury lighter, new and still in the package, since about July last year. Just haven't got around to mounting it yet...:doh:

But it looks real good in the package in the computer room....taunting me;)

I'm such a slacker...:crackup:

• 1 month later...

I placed a lighter under the seat, left hand side, in the hard plastic.

It has a cutout for one and I ran a "fused" wire from the battery.

It is right there and you won't see any wires and the chrome lighter knob looks good there as well.

I have had it there for at least two years and can perform the act of lighting up at any speed.

If you are interested, pm me and I will take a couple of pictures for you

I would like to keep the existing power outlet, and add a cigarette lighter. I have looked at several, but wondered if there were any with pics of installed units. Thanks.

I found an electric (battery) lighter on ebay, two AAA. Its windproof, then I picked up a lighter leash at the convenient store. When I'm ready just stick the cig in the end of the lighter, pull the trigger and poof. The lighter leash keeps me from dropping with gloves and my Arthritis. I change the batteries about every month, depending on how much I use it.