IGNORED

Gear Whine-Final Result-25 percent better.

Guest KitCarson

Guest KitCarson
Hey Kit

It was nice meeting you yesterday. Yeppers your bike does have more "Cricket" than mine. By the way, my clutch basket is original '05', bought back in Nov 04, so I do not believe they made the "I" basket back then.

One thing I did notice after parting from you, if I am in the lower speed of a gear, the noise is there, which tells me to downshift, when I did this, noise disappeared.

By the way are you riding anywhere today, Bobbie is finally making the "Bearrocks" this morning, yesterday, when we got home the dough was baked. She had the wrong setting on. :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf: So even a good "Mechanic" gets it wrong once in awhile. :whistling:

I am stranded today.....Sandy is sending me after steaks in a bit......going to call the Kids and grandkids and have supper. I am just goofing off, taking it easy.

Yesterday afternoon was great, Finally, the heat wave is slowly going away, We got started about 2 finally, rode up to Lake Greenwood, stopped and took a walk along the river discharge from the Dam. Cut across Highway 34 and up to Lake Watteree...was such a nice day, we really did not want to come home, had a bright yellow wing tuck in to the side and rode with us for quite awhile till his turnoff....bikes are fun.....can find a comrade most anywhere. Take Care Kit

• 6 years later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whineee TAMED 25% better YESssss

I have an 08 royal star and I put in a I basket last year it helped a bit !!!! NOT impressed really I studied 5 different engineering aticles on the cause of straight cut gear whine and the solutions! I noticed that on the side stand while changing clutch there is little or no oil in clutch chamber!!!!!!

the MAIN DRIVE GEAR SITS DRYYYYYY all the time on the side stand HMMMMMMMMM:detective:

I Now stand the bike up vertical when home. it coats the gears in a bath of oil which flows passively into the clutch chamber=I USE a combo of lucAs OIL 20/50 AND MOTOR kote also lucas oil additive helps with the noise too best yet! tried it for a week now we'll see if its accumulative over the month COST IS "0" nice:cool10:

I TRIED it leaned over on side stand again for two days and loud :backinmyday: WHIiiine was back it drains to the left and there isn't enough oil spraying on that gear while driving really it's just a fog!

I TRIED A NEW EXPERIMENT YESTERDAY I leaned it over too the right a bit more from vertical too fully immerse the clutch main gear then started it WOW the QUiET was deafening when I drove away for 45 minutes it remained greatly muted and then it came back a bit!!!! WILD

OH IT iS THE CLUTCH GEAR ON LOAD I AM SURE OF IT'S positively PROVED

I lean mine over on a plastic tool box sweet THE other day before starting I waited till vertical just leaned it over a bit with my legs as support started it and the muffling effect returned NICE

BUT if it is soaked it sticks which is lucas oil specialty so stand er up pour in your engine kote let it sit for day and 25% quieter try er out boys good luck THERE is in fact a center stand available from Rivco:080402gudl_prv:

http://www.rivcoproducts.com/products/product.php?productid=60&cat=202&page=1

:stirthepot: now for windshield pouches to tone down reflective noise HAS any body tried that?????:080402gudl_prv: :fingers-crossed-emo BTW the experiment of covering the the clutch gear with plastic and running it ??? MY clutch only wines under load and acceleration????:backinmyday::confused24: