IGNORED

Passenger Seat Question

starkruzen

There are brackets being sold in the classifieds to mount a driver's RSV seat to an RSTD. For a crazy low price, I might add. Don't know about the passenger seat, though.

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/2521/cat/7

My wife and I test drove an RSTD first, and didn't buy one because of how hard the back seat is. After she sat on an RSV, she said nothing else came close, including the GoldWing or the Harley Ultra. We did a few side by side tests at a Honda/Yamaha stealership and a Harley dealership that had a used 2008 RSV. All rears are different, of course, but your wife is not alone in her opinion and discomfort.

:)

So Mark,

You say you have the Utimate rear seat? I have never sat on one yet but it looks like it should sit and ride as good as it looks?

But if this is true and she still feels uncomfortable after a long ride, I could most likely help it out with my Butt Butler seat mod. I would first like to know if the cover is pop riveted or stapled to the seat pan. I have reworked several Mustang seat sets which turned out well, but the Mustang driver is a rather short seat, unlike the Ultimate that extends up onto the tank.

Let me know if I can help you out,

Rick

I also am thinking it is to wide at the front and pinching her to make her numb.

he can narrow that front as well. beside doing the tail bone part. Just my 2 cents!

Let us know how it all turns out if you decide to send the seat to Rick.

Jeff

I sent both my "pillow top" seats off to Rick and he had them done and back to me in a week! :thumbsup2: But as you know we had, have and are still getting snow here in Iowa! :bawling: So all we have been able to do is sit on it in the garage. And we can tell they are going to be GREAT already!! :clap2: Wife had NO complaints about the seat before I sent them to Rick, but says it feels even better now! :thumbsup2: SO I GIVE RICK'S (BUTT_BUTLER_MOD) AN A ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++! Give Rick a try, you will not regret it! :2cents:

Now if it keeps snowing and stays cold here much longer I am going to take the new HD TV out to the garage and turn on the travel channel and pretend to ride!!! :whistling:

Bryan

Would anyone know if a Venture rear passenger seat would fit my 07 RSTD? My wife says the seat I have is uncomfortable after about 40 minutes. I have the Ultimate seats...looking for a more comfortable rear seat.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mark

Although my wife has never had a problem or complaint about the seat on my 07RSV, I bought a sheepskin for her due to the heat after sitting in the sun for a while. Not only did she like the fact that she no longer has to sit on a very hot seat, she said it was so much more comfortable. Worth a try..

Caution: Don't get a cheap imitation, get a real sheepskin. Big difference.

Greg