IGNORED

Direct replacement for cassette?

Nope.

If you open your fairing and look at the connectors and how the entire sound system is installed, you will see a proprietary system made by Clarion (Why Yamaha Motor Company did not get a sound system from Yamaha Electronics is beyond me....)

HOWEVER, you could cut the inner fairing and install a standard car stereo in place of the Cassette deck, and jack it into the factory stereo using the Aux input.

OR you could hook the aftermarket stereo to the speakers, and disconnect the factory unit from them. But you should do LOTS of measuring of the space as I dont know what would fit.

You may loose your CB and Intercom, which may not be an issue, however please think about resale value, the next guy may insist on having them....

IF you go this route, PLEASE write a tech article on it, as I could not find one here or over at the other Venture web site.

Personally, I will just go the easy, and probally less expensive route and Velcro a MP3 player to the clutch reservoir and jack it to the split AUX input.....

Removing the cassette player will in no way affect your CB, Intercom, etc. I removed mine and replace it with a small amp/equalizer. There is an article in the tech library that explains that procedure very well. It was not written by me but I used it when I installed mine.

Removing the cassette player will in no way affect your CB, Intercom, etc. I removed mine and replace it with a small amp/equalizer. There is an article in the tech library that explains that procedure very well. It was not written by me but I used it when I installed mine.

If Clarion were smart, they'd come out with a direct replacement unit with MP3 and/or XM capability. Bet there'd be quit a few people who would purchase that! :2cents:

• 1 month later...

This has me thinking! :scratchchin:

I've been mulling getting an XM receiver for the bike. The XM Commander has a small Display Controller that might just fit perfectly behind the door for the cassette.

This might make a really clean installation that is protected from the elements.

Think I'll get the measuring stick out and see if it could work.

http://www.xmradio.com/images/existing/shop/ShopRefresh/car/commander/commander_1_lg.jpg

This has me thinking! :scratchchin:

I've been mulling getting an XM receiver for the bike. The XM Commander has a small Display Controller that might just fit perfectly behind the door for the cassette.

This might make a really clean installation that is protected from the elements.

Think I'll get the measuring stick out and see if it could work.

Get a Zumo GPS and save the hastle. You can tie the XM (yes, there is an additional antena needed) into the GPS which ties directly into the AUX jack on the stereo controller.

RR