Anyone have a RSTD that they soloed out? Do you have pictures. Where did you get the rack for the back fender.

I'm in the process of "soloing" my 96....I'm going with a studded leather piece on the rear fender instead of the rack, the studded leather compliments the studded leather bags. I don't have any pics yet, the bike is still apart, but when it's done I'll have some pics to post.

gunk:shock3:

Nice looking "solo" bikes guys!

You know I bought the Corbin studded seat. a railing that goes around the seat, a studded pillion seat (and a rack to replace the pillion) and a studded passenger backrest for my short sissy bar (I use a tall one bar with no studs on the pad for traveling).

Then I tried the Corbin seat and almost slipped off the seat test riding it around the block and found it was really uncomfortable due to being so hard. Then a couple of ladies (I'm getting too old for this) came over and asked me where the passenger seat was because they had meant to ask for a ride.

I normally only do one solo tour a year with saddle bags and Riggpak and cover between 8,500 and 10,000 miles for that one trip. I use the stock seat/passenger seat and attach the Riggpak to the tall sissy bar so I can use it as a backrest and this has become my more efficient way to travel. I still turn most of the girls down when they ask me for a ride :cool10:

When I travel the bike "ain't purty", but it gets me where I have to go. I'm going to a dual sport temporarily for one summer in order to go from Nova Scotia to Alaska and not beat up my bike.

• 2 weeks later...

I did'nt bother with the rack this time because of the bags. I did install a Mustang fender bib to cover the holes though.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww2/YYZACE/meNbike.jpg

Edited by YYZ

hey cam, i use to have a set of slant bags on mine too went to venture bags. i like the way the top slants and don't stickout making a smoother line to bike. sold the slant bags to a roadie rider in canana couple of yrs ago or was it you? i really liked the looks of them but wife wanted more room for stuff. i think there's a pic of it in my album.

yea! the tour classicII can with the slant leather bags stock item. tcI had the short leather bags and 4x4 exhaust and tour deluxe came with the hard bags with removal double latched lids( lot of them hit the road if not latched down good). i got mine from a friend who put harley hard bags on his, but it never looked right. i went with the venture bags because the lids don't come off and they bolt right up to the older frames.

• 5 months later...