IGNORED

Memphis, Tn./St Jude Ride/Riders List

DragonRider

This post is soley for the purpose of getting a list together of those that plan on attending the Memphis, Tn./St. Jude Childrens Hosp ride. October 27, 2007. If you plan on going please acknowledge this message by adding your name to the list below and the city you are departing from, this will help me plan the ride out to include as many as possible. The attachments below will let you know how to interact with the patients and a list of acceptable gifts that would be very welcome.

St Jude Childrens Hosp./Vogel Donation - VentureRider.Org

1. Lewis Cramer/DragonRider..............Newnan, Ga.

Guest BluesLover
Does anyone know how far Memphis is from Chattanooga?.....Fred

According to my mapping software, it's 345 miles (the quickest route) by taking I24/40 via Nashville. The actual shortest route is 311 miles via Mississippi (Hwy 72). If you take Hwy 64 it's 316 miles.

Cheers,

Dragonrider,

Add ......Eck Nace........leaving from Huntsville...... to your list...

Does anyone know how far Memphis is from Chattanooga?.....Fred

6.5 hour ride one way......taking I-24 west out of Chatanooga to hwy 72 west all the way to Memphis...just stopping for gas..(time does not include playing around stopping every 30 minutes)

So far I have the following members down for the Memphis/St Jude ride. Hope to be adding more to the list as the time draws near.....

1. DragonRider.......Newnan, Ga.

2. MeanDog...........Carthage, Ms.

3. Boo.................Hebron, Il.

4. Wpredock..........St.Charles, Mo.

5. Eck.................Huntsville, Al.

6. Krban..............Bogalusa, La.

7. Sojourner..........Huntsville, Al.

8. Heatonmt..........Van Buren, Ar.

9. Squidley...........Pending

10. Blackjack........Pending

11. Wingman........Newnan, Ga.

12. AllanH..........St. Charles, Mo

13.Big Al....,,,,..Huntsville, Al

14.Burgymon .. ...Decatur, Al

My schedule for the ride is as follows.

I will be departing Newnan, Ga at 4:00 am on Sat. morning, heading for Birmingham, Al. via I-20. If anybody from the Atlanta area want to meet up with me, we can meet at the Ala. Welcome center to join up. I should be there (welcome center) by 5:00 am.

As for as a meeting place, If we can all meet at 12:00 pm, the best place I can think of is the Flying J truck stop in W. Memphis, Ark. This is located right in the middle of I-55 & I 40. This is just about 2 miles from the hospital and will be on the way there for some of you. If anyone can think of a better place, I am all ears.

I have us scheduled to be at the hospital at 1:00 pm on the 27th.

So far I have the following members down for the Memphis/St Jude ride. Hope to be adding more to the list as the time draws near.....

1. DragonRider.......Newnan, Ga.

2. MeanDog...........Carthage, Ms.

3. Boo.................Hebron, Il.

4. Wpredock..........St.Charles, Mo.

5. Eck.................Huntsville, Al.

6. Krban..............Bogalusa, La.

7. Sojourner..........Huntsville, Al.

8. Heatonmt..........Van Buren, Ar.

9. Squidley...........Pending

10. Blackjack........Pending

My schedule for the ride is as follows.

I will be departing Newnan, Ga at 4:00 am on Sat. morning, heading for Birmingham, Al. via I-20. If anybody from the Atlanta area want to meet up with me, we can meet at the Ala. Welcome center to join up. I should be there (welcome center) by 5:00 am.

As for as a meeting place, If we can all meet at 12:00 pm, the best place I can think of is the Flying J truck stop in W. Memphis, Ark. This is located right in the middle of I-55 & I 40. This is just about 2 miles from the hospital and will be on the way there for some of you. If anyone can think of a better place, I am all ears.

I have us scheduled to be at the hospital at 1:00 pm on the 27th.

flying j sounds great.even i ought to be able to find that.bill :2133:

Do you have any idea how many riders that will be coming with you, I need to give the hospital a heads up on the count so they can be prepared for us..........Looking forward to this one big time.............

:bighug:

Dragonrider,

Add ......Eck Nace........leaving from Huntsville...... to your list...

6.5 hour ride one way......taking I-24 west out of Chatanooga to hwy 72 west all the way to Memphis...just stopping for gas..(time does not include playing around stopping every 30 minutes)