IGNORED

How you like my new colors?

Sylvester

I had a company in Roanoke blend the color for me and then it is a matter of labor. First clean the existing real good with their cleaner, let dry 15 min. then you can start applying the color, I used a sponge but you can spray it if you have an air gun. The stuff you buy in cans at auto supply stores is OK but this is a better product and more expensive (based on the internet reports). The big job is to do many light coats and covering black is time consuming. Then there is the issue of cleaning the chrome dots. I use MEK on a Q tip then wiping with a paper towel. If you use too much MEK it will remove what is on the vinyl. The color I chose was from a cardboard box. I sent them the piece of cardboard and a couple days later they called back and got my credit card and the next day I had the material. What I bought was $90.00 +/-. You really only need 8 oz. of color, I got 16 oz. for fear of running out and getting a bad color match the second time around. I put the protectorant on today and it really shines like vinyl now.

www.leatherworldtech.com

:farmer:

Man, that garage looks like mine....LOL.....:whistling:

You ought to see it when it is messy! :no-no-no: In all fairness, yuk, yuk, yuk, I am a contractor and building stuff all the time. Since when I built this shop I wanted twice the size, my wife argued. So now she wants me to build a woodworking shop behind the house for all the woodworking tools. Maybe that will help but probably not since I will acuire more tools and stuff.

:farmer:

I wonder if it will scratch after a while, so you will notice the black vinyl.

I would love to have my seat a different color.

I used "over-the-counter" spray can stuff I got from an auto paint store (high quality). I changed the seat on my '87 from that dark brown color to a medium grey ... had no issues with it over 2 years, then sold the bike. I doubt Sylvester will have any such issues as this stuff literally re-colors the material.

• 2 weeks later...