IGNORED

Fairing Dampers and Risers

Since I have no access to a drill press to drill my risers...I decided to go more low tech.

What I did was to go to Autozone and buy some booster coil rubbers. I cut them to size and then used RUBBER EPOXY to glue them into place. The glue holds VERY well and I think this will suit me just fine.

Here is a picture of what I did.

low tech... works though... I'll be going out to sort mine out this week.. =)

"Automotive Goop" is an awesome product that works well to glue it in place as well...

• 1 month later...

I installed the risers as well and had the same problem with the original dampers. I went out and bought a short length of 3/4 inch ID heavy rubber hose, cut it to the length of the bars between the risers, then split it length wise and fit it onto the handlebars between the two risers. It fits snuggly against the fairing where the Cruise switch is. I placed it on there with the split at the back so that all you can see from the front is the black rubber. I then used two small black tie straps (zip ties for USA) around each end. It seems to provide just the right amount of support to the fairing. It has been this way for three years with no problems and is hardly noticeable.

Ron

Thanks SLING here mine. Had to turn them out of sq aluminum bar because that's all I had. :thumbsup2:Polished them up and used chrome button screws.

Looks great ... say, I see you have the chrome risers but have aluminum bar hardware... don't you think the aluminum risers would look better??? (coz I know my chrome bar hardware would look better with chrome risers but I have the aluminum risers and I'd really prefer the chrome risers so are you sure you wouldn't prefer the aluminum risers?... *hint* trade *hint*) :D :sign just kidding:

Are those chrome risers a Baron product?

Actually the riser are polished.Some day I will pull the rest and polish it. But the bike is done for now and I Will hopefully have the trailer fixed and painted in 3 more weeks man I hate fiber glass work but what do you expect from a $250. trailer.

This weekend flatting the lower back panel so the 59 Caddy tail lights like I have on my bike will set flat and not point down.Next week end prep for paint then paint .

Then its time to ride to Leakey Texas to meet and eat on April 24:guitarist 2::fiddle:

Silver T

got so excited and missed you question? looking forward to 2 more days of itchy fiber glass work and all the pain killer i am on for my back does that some times.

The risers are from EBay I think they were $45. I was very happy with the quality some think thy are chromed but my set was just highly polished, I found no signs of chrome when I drilled them.

And no I wont trade the chrome but if you send me your chrome part I will send you my brushed aluminum:stickpoke::stickpoke: