IGNORED

Looking for a tci on a 1985 vr

I recently posted a querie about a ignition condition I have on a 1985 XVZ12D Venture Royale. I have since concluded that it is the TCI Module that has failed. Therefore, I am in need of one. Is there anyone that may have a known good used one, or maybe an aftermarket or new one for sale? Please reply, pm or email if you might have something that would work...

Any help would would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

:scratchchin:

When you're looking any Venture TCI 84-89 are all the same. 83 is different and 90+ absolutely will not work.

You are absolutely correct about the years that will work but I might add that the later the model year of the TCI the better. Meaning an 86 is better than an 85 an a 89 is better than a 88. Over the years there were some upgrades an that is the reason for different part numbers when checking the different years.

Dick

You are absolutely correct about the years that will work but I might add that the later the model year of the TCI the better. Meaning an 86 is better than an 85 an a 89 is better than a 88. Over the years there were some upgrades an that is the reason for different part numbers when checking the different years.

Dick

Why are the later years better.

Does better mean more HP or more pollution controls?

:think:

Gary

Not necessarily as the ignition timing may very well be a different response curve and not work out as well on the "detuned" Venture motor...

I briefly communicated to Squeeze about it and he thought it should.

Attached below is the Dynatek & the 86-93 ignition curves.

The dynatek manual is also attached.

Dynatek unit has a number of different curve options.

Not saying it will or won't for sure, but I am interested in it considering my CDI situation.

Gary

Something else to consider that has been around longer than the ignnitech is a dynatek unit

The Dynatek 3000 D3K7-7, it is for 85-89 vmax's, if it works on them, it should work on our 84 - 89 ventures.

http://www.dynaonline.com/skins/Default.aspx

Gary

Hi Gary

When i go to the website it appears the D3K7-7 has been delisted. It lists others but not that one. (of course, I could be blind...)

brian

Hi Gary

When i go to the website it appears the D3K7-7 has been delisted. It lists others but not that one. (of course, I could be blind...)

brian

That could be a problem

I found the manual and other info online, but no direct reference to this model.

:think:

I will check with a distributor

Found them listed in an online catalog, page 9.

http://www.dynaonline.com/skins/downloads/catalogs/09DynaCatalogv5.pdf

Gary

Edited by dingy
added catalog link

If I am reading the charts correctly, the Dynatek unit does not advance as far as the Hitachi unit does, nor at the same parameters. I also noticed the "easy throttle" advance is much more aggressive than the WOT on the Hitachi unit. Not really understanding how this affects HP output (and therefore torque values), how does this compare unit to unit on the longevity of our motors?

Just askin', tryin to further my edumacation here.

I got an email today from Dynatek confirming that they no longer stock or make that item. BUt they will do a one time run if we want to do a group buy, the kicker is that they want an oder of 200 but no mention of pricing yet.

Personally I think 200 is way too big an order to consider it.But....i have been wrong before.....just once.......mabbe twice....(just dont ask my exwives......):Avatars_Gee_George::rotfl:

Brian