IGNORED

Baron Tach and Ponch's gauge set

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there an on-line web page for the Smith's gauges? I looked and couldn't find a catalog.

Smiths are what my 900cc Triumph uses, but I can't find a general catalog of their gauges.

Try this site:

http://www.gaugeguys.com/Smiths/smithsindex.htm

Click on "Classic Guages" to find the one from above. They're kinda pricey. Over $170 for the dual oil/water temp guage.

No room 2" or larger gauges plus a tach. Can possibly do (2) 1 1/2" plus (1) 2 1/16" gauge, but it will be tight.

ok, I can wait. The Drag Spec tach with 2x 1.5in gauges looks ok.

Will wait to talk at MD with you about options.

http://www.denniskirk.com/denniskirk/b2c/product_images/2/2/1/600pix/22110084.jpg

• Highly visible LCD display shows RPM and dual temps
  • Large digital tachometer display with programmable REV bar graph is easy to read at high speeds
  • Both temp meters feature programmable high-temp warning lights; temp range: 32-482 degree F or 0-250 degree C
  • Keeps record of max RPM and temp
  • Also shows voltage, time, programmable shift light and optional air/fuel ratio meter
  • Measures 3 3/8 in. W x 1 1/4 in. H x 3/4 in. D
  • Includes water temperature sensor; optional EGT sensors, oil temperature sensors and cylinder head temperature sensors available separately

Included Items:

(1) Meter

(1) Power wire

(1) RPM wire set

(2) Temp sensor wire set

(2) Water temp sensor

(3) Mid-way connect

(1) Velcro

(1) Battery

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=408505&store=Main&catId=&productId=p408505&leafCatId=&mmyId=

This is a surface mount package for snowmobiles available at DennisKirk. but a super combo gauge with Tachometer, oil temp, water temp, and voltage in a size that would fit. I'm sure its adaptable. Maybe someone else has it already for a motorcycle double fire ignition. I'll search around.

Randy, I can make you a blank plate and laminate it or you can paint it if you want.

Ponch. Thanks for doing all this for us. Lots of options it would appear. Well, I'm packing for a three day weekend in Jacksonville for the M&E there. I'll eat some fish & crabs, drink a few brew, and discuss the possibilities with the other VR riders there..

:Cartoon_397:

• 5 months later...

I'm not sure where the best place to post this is but this looks like as good a place as any. I hope I have attached pictures of Ponch's guage on my 07 RSV so you can see what they look like. I got the primered metal plate and painted it to match the 07 blue then Ponch came over and basically installed them with me as gofer. Many many thanks for that, Ponch. And did I mention that he rode over in the rain to do it.

It is so nice to have something useful (to me) in that slot and to be able to see what your engine is doing. Thanks again Ponch.

If someone needs a slightly used cassette player, I have one for shipping cost.

I'm not sure where the best place to post this is but this looks like as good a place as any. I hope I have attached pictures of Ponch's guage on my 07 RSV so you can see what they look like. I got the primered metal plate and painted it to match the 07 blue then Ponch came over and basically installed them with me as gofer. Many many thanks for that, Ponch. And did I mention that he rode over in the rain to do it.

It is so nice to have something useful (to me) in that slot and to be able to see what your engine is doing. Thanks again Ponch.

If someone needs a slightly used cassette player, I have one for shipping cost.

Nice looking setup. Beats the cassette player :cool10:

Ponch,

I'm wondering about bar risers. Do they cause any problems with fitment?

:think:

I am at work and can't remember if they are 1" or 1.5" but I have risers on mine and you can see there is no problem with fitting. I was concerned about the same thing but Ponch said no problem and was right.

I had a better picture at home but I am not there:doh:

Recently had my 06 RSV triked. Need rpm range so I know where I am when riding. Trike rear end seems to have slightly altered my gearing. 5th(OD) seems to really bog down under 70. Runs good in 4th but don't have a clue what my engine is turning. Need to know where power band is and what redline is:bang head:

Recently had my 06 RSV triked. Need rpm range so I know where I am when riding. Trike rear end seems to have slightly altered my gearing. 5th(OD) seems to really bog down under 70. Runs good in 4th but don't have a clue what my engine is turning. Need to know where power band is and what redline is:bang head:

I am finding the same thing here ( new to RSV Trike ) pulling the camper in 5th is a killer on gas I have found this next trip will try to stay in 4th as much as possible. My normal cruse speed is 65 :think: I got as low as 19 MPG last trip.....:shock3: Good thing I have the extra tank.

OH Crap, Dave your killin me,,,,,:thumbsup:

Does the offer to come and help still stand, and do you know how to sync carbs,, :confused24: :rotf:I have a brand new carbtune, never opened,,,:) and not a clue ( for the moment, been too busy riding ya see,, ) OH I can see what little i have saved for ridding going out the window now :):):)

:mo money:

You betcha, offer still stands.

I never did a carb tune, but I bet ol' Squid can teach me, or Goose might even come along and teach both of us.

Ponch

I almost smell a party coming on,,,,,:shock3:

I will be busy this next week, with building one, and the Colors Rally in Ark, and Dr apt the 26th in Dallas :confused24: We may have to set something up and make a happening out of it,,,:shock3: