IGNORED

RSTD Question?

pick

The avg retail for a used 06 RSTD is $9290. The warranty won't start until he buys it so he'll still get the full 5 yr warranty. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the bank (or atleast my credit union) will not look at it as new but, an 06 model and mine looks at the value as $9290. That being said, I would offer them at most $9290 because thats what the insurance co and the bank will say its worth.

He can always contact his bank or credit union and see what the loan value on it is and go from there.

I'm not wanting to be argumentative, but...

Isn't the whole idea of buying anything to get what you want for the lowest price possible? :think:

That being said, an '06 with 0 miles or 10,000 miles, it doesn't matter. It's still an '06 with a book value of around $9,000. Now this seller (I assume it's a dealer) has owned this bike for 4 years paying insurance & taxes for flooring it, plus it's taking space that a more current model could be using.

Pick, your friend should take all of this in account to make a fairly educated offer.The seller should be motivated to unload it.

That's my 2 cents worth. Good luck to your buddy with the purchase. If he does get it, I guarantee he will enjoy it.

Dave

Thanks for all the insite folks. Eddie looked in on us last night and read the posts. Hes got another one hes looking at, 06 with about 5300 miles for 7200 I think. He really likes the yamer, we may have a new member here soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The avg retail for a used 06 RSTD is $9290. The warranty won't start until he buys it so he'll still get the full 5 yr warranty. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the bank (or atleast my credit union) will not look at it as new but, an 06 model and mine looks at the value as $9290. That being said, I would offer them at most $9290 because thats what the insurance co and the bank will say its worth.

He can always contact his bank or credit union and see what the loan value on it is and go from there.

I bought my '06 RSMV a year ago Nov... it was used with only 1300 kilometers on it. Paid $12,900 and the insurance co valued it at $16,000 ... but... that's here in CanNuhDuh...eh.