IGNORED

Yearly Checkin from Blusees!

Blusees

Yes, I SUCK for not coming out to this board more often! You can scold me if you want! If you are on FACEBOOK - send me a friend request because I am on there almost daily!

So I thought I would update all of my VR family on my last year - a new years letter if you will.

Spring: The year started out just like any other.

Then, I fell in love with an old boyfriend who had spent the years since high school/college in the military. He talked of marriage and then went on a training exercise and didn't ever call again. He's okay, finally made contact, but said he had way too much going on in his life, and basically broke my heart. I'm over it now.

Realized I didn't like my job, but glad I had one.

Summer: Bought a slackline (google it if you don't know it - it's FUN)

Spent many a summer evening/weekend day with the neighbors slacklining, drinking beer, talking, etc. It was a blast!

Was contacted on facebook by a high school classmate, and HE started getting serious, and I was wary - HE WAS IN THE MILITARY TOO! I was careful.... He talked me into it, and I walked away from it, because it seemed too familiar.

The job was getting worse... Actually had an anxiety attack at work.

I grew many an organic veggie in the garden, and learned how to can (apple butter, apple sauce, pears, zucchini pickles).

I also got some good riding time in on the bike!

I hired a personal yoga instructor and can now do pushups from my toes, and continue to this day with my morning yoga practice.

Fall: After the last "guy friend" and the anxiety attack, I booked TEN days at a solar powered hermitage in the woods. I can't tell you how much that changed my life. Alas, this is where I was when PIP was going on! I read many books, and meditated, and walked in the woods, and watched the wildlife. Reconfirmed my commitment to where I want my life to go - organic and green, and independent.

Started interviewing for a new position at the University. I realized that just because I've always been a secretary - doesn't mean I have to do it forever!

Winter: Had a horrible incident with a co-worker at the MBA Program - she received "discipline" and everyone at the college said she should have been fired, but it gave me the gumption to take a chance on a new career even though it meant a 25% paycut.

I had learned SO much about myself over the year, I knew that this would be a good move.

Interviewed for a Campus Police Dispatcher position on December 2nd, and was offered the job the same day - they had even interviewed people with dispatch experience!

Spent the holidays with the family. Very nice and relaxed.

Started my new job on December 28th, and I said GOODBYE to the MBA PROGRAM!

And here I am now - I just completed my third week of "pre-step" training, and was told I was going a phenomenal job! I LOVE the work! It seems important and socially relevant, and it's exciting too.

So I apologize for neglecting the VR website, but like I said - if you are on Facebook - send me a friend request (Courtney Bork). I'm much better at keeping in touch there.

Love to all!

Courtney (blusees)

Well you certainly have had an interesting and productive year. Glad things have worked out the way you want. Never know where life will take us just hope the next step is better then the last. Sounds like it has been for you. Hope you keep enjoying the new job. Maybe you can check in here more then once a year. Maybe twice a year.

As far as guys when the right one comes along you'll know it and be ready for it. Probably happen when you least expect it to as well. Just keep working on you and making you happy the rest will all fall in place.

Margaret

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_1_70v.gif Hey, while it wasn't solar powered, we could have offered you at least 4 days in a tent at the PIP. That would have done as much for your inner self as 10 days at a hermitage.

Better put the PIP on your calander for this year as you are quickly running out of feeble excuses for not showing.....http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_19.gif

Anyway, great to hear from you again. You know we worry about you when you drop out of sight like that.

And congrats on the new job.

:15_8_211[1]:

Edited by Freebird

See look there, I just got side-tracked on Facebook!

Yes! I did get my new home - I even had some folks down for an Iowa meet and eat last summer. We sat in the garage afterwards and BS'd! It was FUN!

It's a 1903 one and a half story - with lots of character, a fenced in yard and I've installed doggie doors for my beagle. I have a great south facing backyard for my garden, however, my dog likes my fruits and veggies as much as me so I have to share.

See look there, I just got side-tracked on Facebook!

Yes! I did get my new home - I even had some folks down for an Iowa meet and eat last summer. We sat in the garage afterwards and BS'd! It was FUN!

It's a 1903 one and a half story - with lots of character, a fenced in yard and I've installed doggie doors for my beagle. I have a great south facing backyard for my garden, however, my dog likes my fruits and veggies as much as me so I have to share.

Thats way too cool! We hope to meet up with you at the PIP in Sept. Tom and Debby

Hey Coutney!!!!

I was wondering how you were doing!!!

As far as the man thing.....The right one will come along.......just a thought.....are there a lot of single men on our forum?

Courtney is a fun, loving, free spirit...plus she's got a hot bike!!! The hubby and I got to drink a few sasparilla's in her garage last year at the meet n eat and had a great time getting to know her!!

Glad to hear about your new job!

Deb

Deb! You are awesome - it looks like I have my own personal yenta!

No, really, I know and trust that the right person will come along some day, and I'm not out searching for it. I'm very happy and content with what I have right now.