IGNORED

Work sucks..........

DragonRider

I know everyone says "Your lucky, you have a job", but working 60 hours a week sucks, and if we dont work it we are subject to being laid off in the next round, when I started working there, there were 12 fabricators working in the shop, now we are down to 8, we did have as many as 16, and rumor has it 3 more lay offs coming by Feb. 1. They took away our Christmas bonus, small as it was, they took away our safety bonus, upped our ins. premiums, increased our deductibles and out of pocket expenses on the medical ins., waiting for them to stop or at least reduce our 401k match, all we have left is our gainsharing bonus and I am sure that will be elimanated soon. I am so glad I only have 1 year 8 months left before retirement from this place. :soapbox: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the wage freeze.......!!!!!!! Last one lasted 3 years!!!!!

I am so lucky to have this job.

bang%20head.gif

Edited by DragonRider

I feel your pain, they took all our bonas's, raises and didnt even get a turkey or ham for Christmas or thanksgiving. Took away our optical and no longer match any 401k at my wifes shop. Im laid off now but hearing this week that the company may stop doing excavating all together and just sell heavy equipment. Guess the boss feels that if he does that he'll need 1 machanic and the rest of us can get lost. Started there 17 years ago and Im fustrated that I worked so hard to end up with nothin in the end. If Im not working in the spring Im jumping on my bike and going south looking for work- my wife says she cant take another winter like this. Us folks between 45 and 65 are the ones being pushed out- they no longer want experiance- they just want people that will work for less, No matter what the quality of work- just my 2 cents---- /rant off:thumbdown::thumbdown:

I was doing 70 hr weeks when I got out of Prison Lew. Not physical work but I've found some things to be just as hard on you. The mental games wear you out. Don't really miss it a lot. Need something to do but work does suck. The Warden made me warm up The Home made Beef Stew yesterday. Said she is going to retire too. I think I'm in trouble... May have to cut nap time down.

Been there, done that Lewis!! Our company is the same way but luckily I am now in a department that has a low work load so I haven't done OT in over a year. My former teammates are still working mandatory OT.

I have somewhere between 3 years and 3 minutes depending on how I feel about the place...

So how are the guys at the top doing? Where I worked, prior to layoff last July, every time our pay and benefits went down the CEO got a million dollar bonus.

First they moved from the Midwest to the South and cut pay. Now they're moving south of the border to cut pay a lot more. I see some serious bonuses in the Big Guy's future.

It's good to be the King.

My place is good actually got a hefty raise in November with no change in benefits (do work 6-7 days a week)but the wife (worked in the office of a large trucking company) lost match, sick days personal days no overtime (for awhile hours were cut to 32)

but we both tell ourselves "thank god we have a job"

Lew,

Work definately sucks, but there are a lot of people today that wish there was work for them to do. Be thankful you can retire in 1year and 8 mos. My wife works with me in our insurance agency and gets discouraged that we can't retire anytime in the future. I tell her to be thankful that we can continue to work because its not physical labor, and we can also take a day or two off without having to ask a boss. As long as my mind holds up, my wife says it has been gone for years, I can continue to work until I die. This isn't what I had planned at this point in my life but I am thankful for what I have. Not saying you aren't thankful. Good luck.

Time to stop NAFTA {North American Free Trade Agreement}. Seriously. When we started this our country has suffered ever since. A terrible blow to our self sufficiency. It opened the doors for major industry change. I'll stop now, I'm starting to hyperventilate! Beginning to sound political. Thats a no-no.:no-no-no:

I know everyone says "Your lucky, you have a job", but working 60 hours a week sucks, and if we dont work it we are subject to being laid off in the next round, when I started working there, there were 12 fabricators working in the shop, now we are down to 8, we did have as many as 16, and rumor has it 3 more lay offs coming by Feb. 1. They took away our Christmas bonus, small as it was, they took away our safety bonus, upped our ins. premiums, increased our deductibles and out of pocket expenses on the medical ins., waiting for them to stop or at least reduce our 401k match, all we have left is our gainsharing bonus and I am sure that will be elimanated soon. I am so glad I only have 1 year 8 months left before retirement from this place. :soapbox: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the wage freeze.......!!!!!!! Last one lasted 3 years!!!!!

I am so lucky to have this job.

bang%20head.gif

WOW,We work at the same place? We lost 401K match, lost pay raise, lost profit bonus, lost uniforms, lost coffee,raised optical coverage 21%, raised dental cost 9%, raised ins cost 15%, raised ins deduction from $200 to $500, raised max out of pocket from $750 to $1475 (can't figure out why the odd figure?). Average work week for 2009 was 62% overtime (that works out to 64.8 hours a week AVERAGE for the year), there were some 80 and 90 hour weeks.

And we get the same thing, "You should feel lucky to have a job"! I feel lucky to take nourishment and not wet myself. Working all year with these hours "for less money and benefits" my body is a mess, I am so tired and wore out at the end of the day I just want to tell them to stick it! And I won't even start about the toll it takes on family!

The company made RECORD profits for 2008, made a "substantial" profit for 2009 and is forecasting the same thing for 2010! Work more for less seems to be the new company policy. We had every thing taken from us last year (we thought) and now we are loosing some vacation and sick-days.

OH and my father died Tuesday, the hand book says we get a 3 day bereavement for immediate family. Told me that has changed, we now get 2 days!

LUCKY????????? You bet, that is how I feel, ya right!

It is all those companies like ours that will not hire, that is adding to the problem!!

OK, OK I'm getting off my :soapbox: now.

Have a great day!

Bryan

Retirement is not all it's crack up to be!!! Been that way for 3 years now. I hope the government doesn't lay me off!!!! I would still be working but it cost me to much in taxes to work. My military retirement was about $14,000 a year and while Loraine was teaching and I was working full time we paid about $15,000 a year in income taxes. since we both have retired we have a lot less money coming in, but more take home than we did! Just my two cents!!

Phill

:clap2:

No raises for 5 years running, family health insurance is $900 per month, $480 for one.

56-64 hours a week and I don't qualify for any overtime because of management position

.... and honest to God I am so thankful for a good job anyway.

My daughter graduated with honors, degree in business, from a prestigious college this last spring. She is waiting tables because that was best she could find.

None of my 3 grown kids have health insurance. It is so hard to be looking for work right now because what is out there isn't worth a tinker's d@mn.