IGNORED

Calling all Computer Guru's

E-Fishin-C

Monday...... turned on the computer.... and..... it tells me that the wireless isn't working..... Did the procedure from Linksys.... the computer shows that my wireless is working signal 100% that the tower antenna is working to the router but not connected to the internet and than a catastrophic warming error pops up

Talked to linksys again he suggested to unistall and redo the CD Big mistake It will not read read the Cd Mentions error

Placed Cd in another computer CD is fine.

I was told to go Administrative tool than device manager and guess what 7 warning

Any suggestion would be appreciated

Looks like driver problems. You could try "Restoring" to an earlier date when you know everything worked correctly. What version of "Windows" do you have? XP? Service pack 1,2, or 3? I've been giving Windows 7 a spin. I had a similar problem with my connection. But I didn't have all those errors in my device manager. I simply uninstalled the network devices and their associated software, then hit the "Check for Hardware Changes", tab and it reinstalled everything. Then it worked properly. For now anyway. Or you could reboot the system and it will do the same. Either things may not have been properly installed in the first place, or an "Update" may have screwed things up for ya. There are many windows updates that I have disabled from being installed on my system for that reason. I also disabled my system from doing "Auto updates". I decide what I want updated and when. I don't let ANY software do any auto updates either.

Hope some of this helps.

Uninstall all the drivers that are showing funky. Restart computer and let Windows reinstall devices.

Beyond that, give up and do Linux. http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l224/teyster2/MiscNgifs/snoozer_likelinux_man.gif?t=1262710892

Won't let me uninstall any of the drivers

Won't let me uninstall any of the drivers
There seem to be a lot of networking adapters in your list. Mine only has the one ethernet adapter but I don't have WiFi so that could have something to do with it. Try booting up in Safe Mode with networking enabled. The reason you may not be able to uninstall the drivers is that some software that is running may be accessing the drivers. The ones on the list with AVG could be related to AVG antivirus firewall if it is installed. Anyway, once into Safe Mode go into Device Manager and try ininstalling the devices then go to Add New Hardware and let it do its thing. The ones with the warning are possibly conflicting with the network adapter for your Internet connection.

Unless he is like me, and has system restore disabled, because it is such a resource hog. I have never had it enabled.

By default its enabled, so I doubt if he has turned it off. I like it for novice users to make it easy to fix issues like this. It does use some system resources, but you can select how much harddrive space it can use so I would rather lose a bit of performance than have to rebuild a machine for someone.

Brian:think: