IGNORED

Need a new butt!!!

Kregerdoodle

Went for a 150Ml. ride yesterday, and for the first time, thought I was gonna die a slow terrible death... my tail bone hurt so bad, I thought I was gonna have to stop... well they are both, ( The seats, not the butt ) going to visit Mr. Buttler this week... We are planning on going to the international Rally and this problem will be solved before then... I still hurt this morning... maybe it was the pants I had on :confused24: it was to cold to go camando with just my chaps..:smile5: Hopefully Rick is not too busy and can get to them pretty fast....

K

Have you had your seat done??? and was it not what you needed??? I have Pillow tops, but it felt like my tailbone was sitting on the fender...every little bump hurt, it has not happened before, this is the longest I have rode with my back rest on the bike, wonder if it hasn`t changed my seating position in some bad way....hhhmmmmm

Yo Bro,

If your on a Venture, then YOU HAVE the best seat in the house.:cool10:

try other pants first. before regreting the purchase:doh:

I bought a Diamond, drivers back rest, Its nice, but I'm 6' 4" tall, so the backrest, pushes me forward.

so I put it in a vice, and bent in back a few degrees, and also lowered the rest to its lowest hight. seems to be working better. I'm not riding the end of the tank and more.

I bought a Diamond, drivers back rest, Its nice, but I'm 6' 4" tall, so the backrest, pushes me forward.

so I put it in a vice, and bent in back a few degrees, and also lowered the rest to its lowest hight. seems to be working better. I'm not riding the end of the tank and more.

Ditto!! Have ridden IronButt and several 5-6 hundred miles per day no problemo!!

And the Venture stock pillow seat is the ONLY comfortable seat that I have ever ridden. If you had pain after that short of a ride then I agree that there is some issue with your riding position, etc.

I have the Diamond R backrest. When I installed it, it was too far forward for me. Going by a post I had read I took off the lower? bracket and reversed it. That put it too far back and doing the reversal took away the adjustment option so I shimmed it with a piece of metal thats just a bit thinner than a dime and it was perfect.

And the Venture stock pillow seat is the ONLY comfortable seat that I have ever ridden. If you had pain after that short of a ride then I agree that there is some issue with your riding position, etc.

I have the Diamond R backrest. When I installed it, it was too far forward for me. Going by a post I had read I took off the lower? bracket and reversed it. That put it too far back and doing the reversal took away the adjustment option so I shimmed it with a piece of metal thats just a bit thinner than a dime and it was perfect.

I bet I messed around with my seat bracket for a couple of years. Actually made a bracket for it and that seemed to work fine for a while maybe even a year and then it started to bother me again. My issue was it was hitting me to high in the back. So I went back to the original bracket but put it together in a different configuration. Seems to be perfect now, we'll see.

The combination of backrest, seat shape and firmness of the foam in the seat seem to make a lot of difference.

BOO

this is the longest I have rode with my back rest on the bike, wonder if it hasn`t changed my seating position in some bad way....hhhmmmmm

I noticed that when I removed the back armor from my riding jacket my seating comfort improved drastically! Seems the armor made me sit too far forward on the seat.

Can you believe that I bought a NEW SEAT thinking it was the seat!? :bang head: It was an accident that the armor wasn't put back into my jacket after washing it.

What kind of jacket do you ride with? Does it have armor in the back?

had my Leather jacket on, no armor...

I noticed that when I removed the back armor from my riding jacket my seating comfort improved drastically! Seems the armor made me sit too far forward on the seat.

Can you believe that I bought a NEW SEAT thinking it was the seat!? :bang head: It was an accident that the armor wasn't put back into my jacket after washing it.

What kind of jacket do you ride with? Does it have armor in the back?

I did an Iron Butt on my pillow top without any trouble, but once I injured my tail bone, thank you United Airlines, even the pillow top would cause pain after awhile. Having the Butler conversion done gave me back the ability to ride without pain.

Point is that if there are some physical issues, there may not be any stock seat or backrest that will bring you any relief. Getting a modification that relieves a pressure point, in my opinion, has gotta bring some relief.