IGNORED

Rescued Dogs

Kregerdoodle

These are my 2 rescued dogs, Buddy the small dog with the beard, was dumped out in the country in a ditch, The other came up to the house a few days ago, her collar was so tight she could hardly breath and hadn`t been eating...she is starting to put some pounds on her allready, she is such a good dog, can`t beleave someone could treat her so bad...

Well those two dogs got great presents this year, new homes. I'd bet the one that showed up was a hunting dog. I use to feed the ones that showed up when we lived in Suffolk VA. They wouldn't feed them figuring that would make them chase the deer more. Not really sure of the reasoning, most dogs will chase something.

Enjoy the new family members.

Margaret

The dog bounced up on our porch about 5 years ago and said "Hi Folks I'm Home!" Undoubtedly someone threw him away, as he came completely house trained and loving everyone.

The Cat was a "stray" from the neighbor's somewhat wild female that keeps the neighborhood sufficiently populated with new kittens. My granddaughter thought this one (about 6 months old) was cute and just had to have it. That was two years ago. Lemme tell ya there is almost nothing as expensive as a free cat!!!

Well about 6 months later the granddaughter decides to go back to live with her mother, but the cat could not go. Imagine that...:scratchchin:

Bart, My bouvier has one cat buddy that he wont chase and try and eat him..lol The other cats sit on the neighbors porch and marvel as the one cat walks right up to Bart and lays down etc. He even will turn his back on the dog witch a cat wont do unless he knows he's safe. That has to take some cahonies, cause Bart is capable of "bad things man"

These are my 2 rescued dogs, Buddy the small dog with the beard, was dumped out in the country in a ditch, The other came up to the house a few days ago, her collar was so tight she could hardly breath and hadn`t been eating...she is starting to put some pounds on her allready, she is such a good dog, can`t beleave someone could treat her so bad...
kudo's to you my freind. anyone who mistreats animals is a chicken s**t a- hole. we donate loads of money to the humane society. i wish i was rich and could do more for the abused pets and animals. they depend totally on us and many people let them down. i just don't know why the laws aren't more stringent to protect animals from these human vermin.

five years ago we walked into the pet shop at the mall and there was a longhaired dachshand in the cage you could hold in your hand. he was the runt of the litter and deathly sick. the others were crawling all over him. i bought him for $500.00 and brought him home and started doctoring him. the first two weeks we ran up $1000,00 in vet bills which the pet shop covered on the garrantee. served them right! well he came through it and turned out to be the best puppy we ever owned. i guard him with my life. many of you have seen him. his name is scooter. i dread the day when he won't be with us anymore. he's the kid we never had. just had to share that story with you all. bill

Thats awsome Bill, glad the Pet Shop had to pay up!! alot of the pet stores around here have stoped selling dogs, because of the Puppy Mills..... wish they all would, there are plenty of Animals that would really like to be loved and have a good home. Glad you got that weiner dog before it was too late. I have a Mini Dachshound ( Black and Tan ) baught her from a friend of the family for $100.00 she was the runt also, named her Cujo, and she has the attitude to go with the name..

Take care!

Kreg

five years ago we walked into the pet shop at the mall and there was a longhaired dachshand in the cage you could hold in your hand. he was the runt of the litter and deathly sick. the others were crawling all over him. i bought him for $500.00 and brought him home and started doctoring him. the first two weeks we ran up $1000,00 in vet bills which the pet shop covered on the garrantee. served them right! well he came through it and turned out to be the best puppy we ever owned. i guard him with my life. many of you have seen him. his name is scooter. i dread the day when he won't be with us anymore. he's the kid we never had. just had to share that story with you all. bill

No kidding...... so far so good..... I put a few boxes of moth balls out, spread them all over the place, so far no more skunks, or cats!! :fingers-crossed-emo This is a good thing!!

Take care

Hey Kreg,

Good on ya for the save with your new friend...lets just hope he's not into Skunks like Buddy :stickpoke:

Cute dogs. Thanks for being a nice person!

All of our cats are rescues. My wife works (for free) at a low cost nonprofit animal hospital that mostly focuses on rescues and people who can't afford "normal" veterinary costs, but are trying to help with the homeless animal population and keep their own animals healthy. A few months ago, we went through the trap-spay/neuter-release program for the feral cats in and around our neighborhood. The organization lent us (at no cost to us) the traps, and we found another organization that does spay/neuter for feral cats for $20. Now we're working with a neighbor who brought the 2 small kittens from her side of the neighborhood inside, and is socializing them to try to find them homes. One of my co-workers has 2 dogs and 4 cats, all which were dumped by people and he found (most almost starved to death) and brought to his home and brought back to health. My brother in law and his wife just adopted 2 dogs from one of their local rescue organizations.

Sometimes we all get frustrated with the size of the problem, but when I look back at the changes over the past 20 years, it's encouraging. Almost all large pet stores are now associated with pet rescue organizations, and no longer sell puppies/kittens, which has shut down a lot of "puppy mills". Animal Planet has tons of shows that educate people about the animal overpopulation, puppy mills, and the importance of spay/neuter. And now there are a lot of no-kill shelters for animals, rather than just animal pounds. We still have a ways to go, but at least we're making progress.

Together, we can make a difference!

Both of our dogs are rescues. The yellow one has had some surgery due to an abscess that grew from his neutering before we got him. Both are under a year old. Pretty tough to keep them calm until the stitches come out.

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/marinerfan/default/large-msg-126240304354.jpg

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs055.snc3/14231_1168879025214_1325100858_30402568_2516952_n.jpg

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/marinerfan/default/large-msg-126240294909.jpg

Edited by Mariner Fan