IGNORED

pet problems - lousy timing

barend

You got a bunch of pets, you got a bunch of problems. Just in the last couple of months we had to put on of our cats down due to cancer, one of the dogs was infested with whip worms and needed serious attention; and I just dropped another dog of who can't keep his feet under him, and is losing control of his bladder and bowels. No direct diagnosis, 'cause the vet had to go into surgery, but he's throwing terms around that don't sound good: stroke, tumor, cancer, cat scan, MRI, chemo ..... Methinks wife's not going to be happy with the outcome on this one (either).

Lousy timing, right before Christmas!

Some folks won't get how attached you are to your pets. They become members of the family and have their own personalities. You're right it doesn't sound good, just hang in there. Who knows maybe it's something simple. Either way just remember how much fun you had with the dog while it was healthy. I think that's the worst part about having pets they just don't live long enough. :bighug::bighug:Hugs for you and the wife getting through this.

Margaret

Been there. Both of our Boxers died in 07. One I had to put down. Its tough. They both had strokes. Just as you described the first one, the female,she began have problems getting up off the floor. Could not get her rear legs under her even after trying for a couple of minutes. She died in her sleep a month or 2 after those symptoms started showing. It was weird because sometimes she could get up just fine. But I noticed one side of her face looked like it was not smiling... Then Max had one about 3 months later and it was a pretty bad one. He could not control his bladder. One side of his face he totally lost control of, to the point where he was drooling a lot. He then began having problems getting up off the floor. Also walking crooked. Had to have him put down. Of course the Vets wanted me to throw thousands of dollars at it. YOU CANNOT defeat old age....

"if Nina wasn't allergic to cats, I'd get a cat too"

There are cat breeds that do not cause allergic reactions.

I have 2 Devon Rex and 1 Cornish Rex, the wife is allergic to cats, but not bothered by these breeds. They have no outer coat just a wavy soft under coat of fur and they do not shed much.

I have also been told that Siberian cats although long haired, are hypo-alergenic.

Now you just have to work on the landlord.

I have six dogs at the moment, all of which are rescue animals. I love and take care of them and when the get sick and die like the one last winter, I am comforted by the knowledge that they lived out their remaining years in a loving environment and free from abuse. That is why I rescued them. You could never believe the horror some humans can inflict on animals.

I would have more if I could afford the food and vet bills.

:farmer:

I have had a resue dog for about a year now, neighbor found him dumped in a ditch, so we took him in, just got another 2 days ago, she just came up to the house, her collar was so tight she could hardly breath, and she was very skinny, she is a very good dog, got her eating and drinking again... she still drops to the ground when anyone walks towards her, think she was beat by some SOB.....any way she is doing good and has stuck around, so I will take care of her...

I have six dogs at the moment, all of which are rescue animals. I love and take care of them and when the get sick and die like the one last winter, I am comforted by the knowledge that they lived out their remaining years in a loving environment and free from abuse. That is why I rescued them. You could never believe the horror some humans can inflict on animals.

I would have more if I could afford the food and vet bills.

:farmer:

brought the pooch home, vet seems to think he's got a short ciquit of sorts in the cerebelum. Didn't think it was worth spending hundreds to confirm his assesment (I agree), so, this being a deteriorating condition, we have a handicapped dog with extra needs for the time being. We'll have to see how much time. Wonder if I can get a handicap sticker for him :hihi: :cool17:

Thanks for the kind words!

Edited by barend

I have a 3 year old Boston Terrier, she has to have a DOUBLE knee replacement. The knee's pop out of joint, no pain as of yet, but in the future, it's gonna be a BIG problem. Looking at $2000.00 for the surgery. Sounds fun huh?

Ben

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs256.snc1/10328_1222610879271_1048940196_30700747_4191235_n.jpg

... and they were ALL rescue pets. It's great getting them, but hard to see them go. All my son and I have now is a ca 18 year old black cat called Scratch. He just had his rabbies shot, and it was VERY hard on him. No more shots. Of all the animals, black cats don't stand a chance of rescue. Saddly, they still continue to be considered evil. Sick, sick, SICK!

When Scratch leaves us temporarily, ... with a whole tribe of animals he'll be waiting on the other side. That is just what I not only personally know, but believe from living with so many pets. They, too, are people in their personalities. And the Good Lord watches over them. Me thinks, 'As you have done it to the lest of these ... you have done it unto me,' ... applies to them as well.

Prayers and best to all who have lost. Now go get anther one. I just won't live where I can't have a pet. Among their other gifts, ... they are our healers. Ever loved a cat when you were down? You weren't down very long I'll bet.

And a joyous Christmas to all.

Jack Z

aka

DePreach

brought the pooch home, vet seems to think he's got a short ciquit of sorts in the cerebelum. Didn't think it was worth spending hundreds to confirm his assesment (I agree), so, this being a deteriorating condition, we have a handicapped dog with extra needs for the time being. We'll have to see how much time. Wonder if I can get a handicap sticker for him :hihi: :cool17:

Thanks for the kind words!

Hope things work out and you have a Merry Christmas

Scrat sends you & your pup a high 5