IGNORED

Struggling with my VR.org addiction

Venturous Randy

Last Friday, the storm that went up the east coast changed from rain to snow just south of me. at about 10pm I lost my cable and internet service. I still have a few snowy channels on the tv, but that is it. Before it was over, we got at least 6 inches of heavy snow that is still here. It is supposed to be about 47 by tomorrow, so it should start melting soon.

I don't remember a time in the past that I looked so forward to coming to work. The first thing I did when I got here was to go on the internet and pull up VentureRider.org. Finally, the withdrawals are subsiding and I am trying to get some work done. Man, this has been a tough 2 1/2 days. I really feel for those without power and internet. I have been there, done that and it ain't fun.

RandyA

We got nailed with over 26" of snow Sat night/Sun morning. No loss of power here. There's a lot of folks without power tho because fools continued driving here in white out conditions and managed to hug a few telephone poles with their SUV's.

Boomer....who knows that stupid is not repairable.

He even called me to ask about activity on the site .....

Of course my internet was down to .....

I guess we had our first meeting ...

Hi, I'm Steve and I have a VR addiction .....

:scared:

This is why I have a stand-by generator for the house and a Cellular "Air Card" for my laptop...:smile5:

About 1:30 yesterday afternoon I got a call from Comcast about my tv/internet service. She wanted to know when anyone would be home. I told her I would be there about 3:45 and she told me someone would be by there. I finally called the number at 5pm and keyed in my phone onfo and a message advised me that "Looks like we have missed an appointment". I waited on hold for a while for the techinical rep to come on and finally gave up.

I am not irritated at the repair crews as I know these folks are working their butts off. But, it is a bit irritating for them to give me a call to make sure I am home and then not even advise me when no one is going to show up.

So, here I am at work trying to get my VR fix.

RandyA

Well guys we have meetings in chat for those addicted to VR. Of course that opens up a whole new addiction to the chat on here. But it's ok we can all get though this together. I'm pretty sure there isn't a cure, but then again who would want one?

Hang in there Randy they'll get you up and running eventually. Looks like another storm system coming through for Christmas. Told my folks I'd stay home for Christmas I don't want anymore snow. They are calling for rain so far up there, but if I go they'll get more snow I just know it. Or maybe just flooding from all the melting snow.

Margaret