IGNORED

The Eagle has landed!

rumboogy

OK...I bit the bullet. This morning the temps were 19 degrees outside, so I waited until about 1pm to go into the dealer and take my BEATING. I hate dealing with car/bike salesman...they made it sound like I was doing them a favor...but WE ALL know better.

Anyway...I walked out with a 2009 Royal Star Venture-S...Seashell/Raven.

It is supposed to be COLD and RAINING for the next 2 days...so I can sit on it and read about it. I will share my thoughts and questions after a couple of days with the bike...

And without further adieu...here it is (looks pretty much like the ones on the net) LOL

Thanks to everyone for their help.

Wally

Very nice...As soon as you can dump the original tires for Elite 3S or Avon Venoms and you will see a whole new bike..If I were to recommend one over the other Id go with E3S ONLY because of a FEW Avons splitting on the sidewall..as soon as that problem is resolved I will go back to Avons hands down. Your bike will feel 100s of LBS lighter when you do change out the tires. Lots of good members up in that area so get together with them and most can show you how to do alot of the simple maintenance tips. Congratulations! Tom

Sweet. Now you can spend the winter buying all the "necessary" chome "protective" parts that are "required". At lease that's what I have told my wife. You do know the chrome reflection protects you right?

Again, Nice ride you will enjoy it and if you need info just post for help on this site.

:sign green with env

:sign woo hoo::sign woo hoo:

Congrats!!

I'll tell you what, the more I see that color scheme the more I like it :happy34:

Definitely check the antenna wire routing; as Bummer said they are backwards.

There are a couple of good articles about 'things to do' with the new bike. ie. checking anntennae, loc-tite-ing bolts, etc.

Again, congrats and enjoy!! :thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

P.S. now that you have a picture, we believe you :stickpoke: :stirthepot:

Wally,

I have some kin in Searcy and may be out that way on a road trip this spring, if it works out I will let you know and maybe we can get together.

Hey that's cool...Absolutely. Let me know. I have a website just for Arkansas bikers and we have lots of group rides...let me know if you are ever in this area and I'll try and throw a ride together...with FOOD of course.

Your kin does't go to school or work at Harding University do they?

Wally

You mean they put the CB antenna on the wrong side?

Yes, most likely.

A quick way to check is to look under the trunk at the black box that is up there. Find the cables that come out of the box. Follow the one that goes to the antenna. If the cable that comes out of the black box (the CB box) goes to the antenna with the load (black thing in the middle) then it is fine.

According to the dealer assembly instructions, these bikes are supposed to be setup with the CB antenna on the clutch side and the radio antenna on the brake side.

Guest tx2sturgis

Lots of dealers have done that....apparently the PDI guys dont know any better. Yes, the CB antenna, the one with the coil, goes on the left side, the same side as the PTT switch, if that helps you remember in the future.

And thanks go to Bummer for being so observant...what an eye for details!

Unless that was an optical delusion, yep. Seems to happen a lot. Dreyer Motorsports is the oldest Honda dealer in the US. Up until about three months ago every RSV they've had in the Yamaha show room has had the antennas swapped. I kept telling 'em. The sales people kept patting me on the head and rolling their eyes. I wound up shooting the breeze with the boss and told him about it. Rest assured, now they get it right. He said that the instructions they have must be incorrect. Um, whatever.

You can verify easily enough. The AM/FM antenna's wire is routed forward, under the seats and tank, and into the fairing. The CB antenna's wire is routed into a black plastic box under the trunk.

Easy swap. The folding mounts unscrew from the bases. Both threaded portions are the same (non standard) size. It takes longer to tell about it than do it.