IGNORED

Has anyone ever gone to the Davis Rally?

Chaharly

We went there for the first time this year. Found it by accident just out riding around. :confused24:

I will say it is NOT like most, or should I say any parties or rallies we have ever been to. There was no "wet T-shirt" or any obnoxious drunks or any naked riders, no burn-out pits that I saw either.:whistling:

It was a very "Family" orientated rally. There was about 30 + venders, leather goods, parts, Dino truck to see what your HP is, bike camping trailers, different trike makers and people putting murals or lights on the bikes and many more.

At night they had a "lighted" bike parade. Which I thought was cool cause I never saw so many bikes with so many different "colored" lights. (Like the kids have under their cars, only better.) :thumbsup2: About every kind of bike make and style was represented.

If you plan on going, plan on camping or try to get a motel now cause the closest motel we could find was a 30 mile ride away from the grounds. We were just out for a ride so we did not have the trailer with us for camping. :bang head:

We are planning on going back and camp next year.

All in all we had fun and met a lot of really nice people. :clap2:

Bryan

Cathy and I've been going to the Davis Rally since 2002 .. there are rallys that are bigger, there are rallys that are smaller, but none that compare to Davis :)

Might be nice to see the VentureRider banner hanging next to the Venturer banner ... the Irregulars don't bite ;) Some of the stuff they consume might, but they don't.

Curt

We went there for the first time this year. Found it by accident just out riding around. :confused24:

I will say it is NOT like most, or should I say any parties or rallies we have ever been to. There was no "wet T-shirt" or any obnoxious drunks or any naked riders, no burn-out pits that I saw either.:whistling:

It was a very "Family" orientated rally. There was about 30 + venders, leather goods, parts, Dino truck to see what your HP is, bike camping trailers, different trike makers and people putting murals or lights on the bikes and many more.

At night they had a "lighted" bike parade. Which I thought was cool cause I never saw so many bikes with so many different "colored" lights. (Like the kids have under their cars, only better.) :thumbsup2: About every kind of bike make and style was represented.

If you plan on going, plan on camping or try to get a motel now cause the closest motel we could find was a 30 mile ride away from the grounds. We were just out for a ride so we did not have the trailer with us for camping. :bang head:

Bryan

Actually i went their this year, it was a smaller crowd and we camped in the same spot we did last year. I was in the parade, mine was the Brown 85 that had the dying horn and was revved up quite a bit. :Laugh:

Actually i went their this year, it was a smaller crowd and we camped in the same spot we did last year. I was in the parade, mine was the Brown 85 that had the dying horn and was revved up quite a bit. :Laugh:

To bad I missed you, there were so many bikes all lit up that now I got the itch to try a little lighting myself. :whistling:

Bryan

my dad used to do the lighting on his GL1500 1997, 2-tone green. He had the windshield engraved to look like a lake underneath some mountains, and actually had it color matched so the water was blue, and the mountains are purple. He had chrome which reflected lights and the works. He hasn't done it on any of his 1800's though, and i dont know why.

It is a fun and uniquely challenging hobby, that will indeed make your wallet very, very hungry.

-CJ:dancefool:

Bryan

Hi Bryan you were very close to my place about 30 miles away we could have done river ride the Mississippi is a great ride in the fall. Maybe next year Craig

Hi Bryan you were very close to my place about 30 miles away we could have done river ride the Mississippi is a great ride in the fall. Maybe next year Craig

Craig, When we left the Davis Rally on Sunday we road over to Magreger (SP) and road down the river to Davenport then cut cross country back to Oskaloosa. It was late by the time we got back, but we had a lot of fun!

Like you said maybe next year!

Bryan