Yup, clutch. Certainly not unknown. It is also not generally covered under warranty (wear item). However, it is really easy to deal with yourself.

Might be a good time to upgrade to a Barnett or PWC clutch kit. Not too expensive, fairly easy to do, and will eliminate a weak link in an otherwise strong chain.

RR

I had the same situation as you described PCW racing clutch kit is the answer

Contact John and tell him what you've got he'll set you right up. Any questions

when you get the kit just call him again. He will keep you going in the right direction.

PCW Racing - John Ganey

108 - 112 Henry St. Schenectady NY 12304

518 - 346 - 7203

I suppose the easy 1st thing to check is the clutch lever itself. make sure its lubed right, and that you don't have big tassles attached to it flying in the wind. There have been a couple members who suspected the worst - new clutch needed - when just making sure the lever was fully disengaged/closed was all they did to fix it.

Back in my "younger" years I had a Yamaha 80cc bike. The clutch started slipping so I took the clutch cover off and pulled the springs. Then I found me some washers that just fit underneath them so as to "tighten" them up. Worked great!! I was back in business. I think I was around 14 at the time and I didn't have any money for new plates and springs.

Back in my "younger" years I had a Yamaha 80cc bike. The clutch started slipping so I took the clutch cover off and pulled the springs. Then I found me some washers that just fit underneath them so as to "tighten" them up. Worked great!! I was back in business. I think I was around 14 at the time and I didn't have any money for new plates and springs.

Different set up on the RSV, it doesn't use coil springs in the clutch.

Not to contradict but I use Amsoil Synthetic 20/50 MC Oil and have been since 2004..Never a problem on slippage,however I am still gonna change out the clutch spring as I Know it will need it sooner or later...especially since I pull a trailer. I wil;l get mine from PCW Racing.