IGNORED

You. can't go to the "Union Tavern"...right.

ddoggma

Thats what a guy told me at the Conawingo dam. While I was watching the eagles fly around at the lower parking lot. So...I had to go. I heard it was a kool bar setup for MC riders. Outside bar,horse shoes, bands etc. No problems from the locals. Not even dirty looks. The big chat on the lot was the goldwing and its airbags. Heard a HD guy say he would have one if he rode more or further...lol I liked the place, back in the day I could of had some big fun there.. The chopper almost backed into me when he was pulling out. If I had not yelled at him.[i was standing right next to the bike] He would have scartched his custom paint job..No doubt. Just me and the wing and a new triumph besides the HDs'

Hi Ddogma, We went down to Conawingo about 3-4 week ago. It was awesome to see so many eagles. I think at one point we counted 10 in the area. I hooked up with Cedoo and went there.We didnt stop at the Union but i have in the past. I never had a problem there. Always alot of bikes in the area on the weekends.From where i live in NJ its about 1:30hr ride. Chris

Hey Rich,

Being one of those people that pretty much goes where I please, It's good to see a fellow biker rubbin' elbows with other bikers. I love to look at bikes of all types and have had very few times when bikers from a certain group have given me any trouble. The few times that it has happened, I fall back on my standard line....................................................

"WANNA RACE"!?!?

Earl

Yup. There's a place like that near my home in NE Houston. Called the Hawg Stop. I've been twice on Sunday afternoons cause they've got good live music. It's what we call an ice house down here - two sides of the place are garage doors that they raise up when the weather is nice so the breeze blows through. It sits by a small lake on several acres of land. Picnic tables outside. Last time I was there it was my Venture, one Goldwing and about 40 Harleys. Plus a few American muscle cars in the "car" section of the parking lot. Everybody was cool and and we had a nice time just listening to the music and relaxing with a beer. (one)

Then last weekend I went on a poker run sponsored by Kingwood Harley for an injured soldier. Easily 90% plus Harley's. We all ended up at a local sports bar and once again all was cool. I was sitting outside not far from my bike and saw several Harley riders stop next to it and give it a look. They seemed to be more admiring than thinking about kicking it over. Most folks are pretty decent here in Texas.

All year round the eagles are there. But from nov to march its really busy. Ben Franklin didnt like the eagle, and wanted the turkey as the American national bird. I cant see it. Those eagles do something to me when I see em. The power, the soaring, and have you ever seen the claws up close. Man thats some equipment they got there. I will ride to see them just about any weekend thats ride_able. I smell a ride a brewin"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo3fei9ADZI]YouTube- Bald Eagles at Conowingo Dam, Maryland, 29 November 2008[/ame]

Edited by ddoggma
content