IGNORED

Note to Yahoo Email Users

Freebird

Once again, Yahoo is blocking all email from VentureRider.org. When they notice a lot of email coming from a particular site, they assume it is spam. This is the second time they have done this. I emailed them before to let them know that any email that is sent from VentureRider.org is only that which is requested from their customers. We have a triple opt in system here.

1. A user has to register at VentureRider.org.

2. A user has to confirm that they are the one that registered by clicking a link in the confirmation email.

3. In order to received further emails such as notification to replies to posts, notifications that they have received a private message, etc. They must go to their UserCP and select to be notified of those events.

I sent Yahoo an email the last time this happened and explained that to them but I simply got a canned response back saying that the ban would be temporary and restored in a few days. There is really nothing more that I can do.

If it is important to you that you receive your email notifications, I can only recommend that you use somebody other than Yahoo for your email.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

adding dnelson@venturerider.org to your Yahoo address book keeps any email from that sender from being considered spam per Yahoo. Is that the sender address that you always use? everyone should add this to your address book on any internet mail service used.

Don,

I suspect that you may send broadcasts to active and inactive members. Perhaps the inactive members are too lazy to delete their account here, but are flagging the inbound message as spam, and Yahoo then marks you as being a spam sender.

Maybe broadcast email shouldn't be sent to anyone inactive for over nnn days and not a paid member

Just get a gmail address even if it's only for Ventureriders guarantee it's 10x the email provider yahoo is (yahoo is the new AOL---- junk that is )

I don't agree. Yahoo has a lot of features I like (and I tried gmail and several other internet mail providers). The same problem that Don is having with forum mail rejected by yahoo as spam also happens on gmail if he sends out enough mail and enough recipients flag it as spam (which is an easy way to delete it from your inbox).

just add dnelson@venturerider.org to your yahoo address book, and it won't flag it as spam, and it will add weight to Yahoo's automated spam trap that this is a legimate email source.

I put the yahoo password into my phone before I left to the MN meet and eat this weekend. I was still waiting to find out what was going on so I could make afterwards plans. I knew folks had replied to the thread, but I wasn't getting e-mails. Looking forward the final solution to this problem.

Later, Scooter Bob

Well I changed my email for this site only. I wasn't getting any of my messages from here so I changed it. Then I had to put up with harassment from some folks thinking there was two of me. :confused24: Geez like there could ever be two of me.:no-no-no: When they made me they broke that mold into lots and lots of pieces. God wouldn't make that mistake again.:whistling:

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Margaret

Well I changed my email for this site only. I wasn't getting any of my messages from here so I changed it. Then I had to put up with harassment from some folks thinking there was two of me. :confused24: Geez like there could ever be two of me.:no-no-no: When they made me they broke that mold into lots and lots of pieces. God wouldn't make that mistake again.:whistling:

Margaret

Hey Don, could you imagine two of them???:doh::doh: Double Trouble:smash2::smash2::fnd_(16):

Margaret

I think a bit of that mould broke off and landed over here! :big-grin-emoticon:

"Hello Sister" :You_Rock_Emoticon::sign woo hoo:

Welll,,,

I do and don't have a Yahoo account,, Since Bellsouth was bought by ATT, and they use Yahoo as their web and email server provider, things have gotten strange. Seeing as I do use the webmail system to read my home emails from work and other places they automatically merged my yahoo and bellsouth email accounts. And for awhile I was missing lots of emails.. I have since turned off the automatic spam blocker and have much less problems.

When they made me they broke that mold into lots and lots of pieces. God wouldn't make that mistake again.:whistling:

Margaret

Yup, full sized molds from then on, no more 1/2 scale molds getting mixed in..... :stickpoke:

Hey Don, could you imagine two of them???:doh::doh: Double Trouble:smash2::smash2::fnd_(16):

Double the fun :thumbsup2:, need another bucket though........ :duck::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: