IGNORED

Question about leaf blowers

Hummingbird

I would just dump out the gas that you have in it, and try some fresh gas, its pretty hard to screw up one of thos little motors...

I have a 2 cycle leaf blower that I haven't run in 2 years - it starts just fine but wants to shut down after a few minutes - perhaps Carb cleaner ?? it has fresh gas mixture with some of the OLD gas. screwed up didn't I ??

OK guys - here's stupid at it's best.

I have several good led flashlights that make a really nice white light. Since I'm not really a mechanic I decided to carefully look around the carb and fuel system in general. While looking I did have to move the fuel line slightly to get a better look.

Guess what broke in 2 places ? Now all I have to do is find a fuel line that's small enough OD to go thru the tank inlet yet big enough ID to go over the carb nipple and the fuel filter.

Evidently the line was brittle and had a crack or two and was sucking air instead of fuel.:bang head:

I had exactly the same problem with a gas weedeater. The fuel lines essentially crumbled to the point where I couldn't tell what line went where. Couldn't find a manual so I went to a hardware store and looked at a similar model on the shelf to see how it was supposed to work. I managed to buy new fuel lines (2 different sizes) from a local small engine repair shop. Fixed up the lines, primed it well and it started on first pull - first time it had run properly in two years. Almost threw it out because it had been very unreliable for awhile - must have been sucking air in the months before the lines disintegrated completely.

Ross

Also if you store your 2 strokes out in a shed check the mufflers bees love to build nests in them Im not sure why. small shot of sea foam wount hurt them at all. I do mine every yr. Also check the primmer bulb for any cracks.

Bull463

Those darn bees can be a real problem. I do store the mower, blower and generators in my 12 X 20 shed but in the fall when they start their influx into every cavity they can find I use all the Hornet and Wasp spray necessary to obliterate any signs of life.

I guess my problem is the fuel line but nobody has one as small as I need. I may have to find the manual and get a part # - again :bang head:

I use Sthil chainsaws and leaf blowers. I also use Sthil 2 cycle oil and I also mix in a little Sta-bil every time I mix a fresh tank of gas. I also add Stabil to my boat each time and I use generic 2 cycle oil in the boat. My leaf blower gets used a fair amount but my chain saws have been known to set over a year and they fire right up. The Stabil helps keep th egas from going bad.

Put in some Sea foam. I just purchased 1/2 to winterize all my stuff....4 cars, 2 boats, 1 wave runner and my venture. I have changed ALL my yard stuff to electic... leaf blower, trimmer, edger, small chain saw. I would rather play with an extension cord than mix gas.

Cb