I have one on my RSV. I say it's not a big deal unless you like running higher RPMs. To be honest, I don't think I saw any performance increase but it did allow me to set the rev limiter higher which I do enjoy from time to time.

Thanks Don,

if there is no marked performance improvement, i can find better ways to spend $200.

With all due respect to Don, there is performance improvement through the increase in RPM limits. A buddy of mine has a stage 3 Ultra which runs pretty quick. To get him in a run I need the higher RPMs, and it does the job. Really hacks him off. Of course if we were running top end I wouldn't need the dynatech since he can't come close to the RSV top speed.

:farmer:

With all due respect to Don, there is performance improvement through the increase in RPM limits. A buddy of mine has a stage 3 Ultra which runs pretty quick. To get him in a run I need the higher RPMs, and it does the job. Really hacks him off. Of course if we were running top end I wouldn't need the dynatech since he can't come close to the RSV top speed.

:farmer:

what is the safest rpm limit in your opinion. what is the standard rpm limit of an '07 rstd?

what is the safest rpm limit in your opinion. what is the standard rpm limit of an '07 rstd?

Lets put it like this, the redline on a 1st gen, with the same basic engine, is 8K. The Dyna will take the RPM's up to 7500 if I'm not mistaken and you also can advance the timing a bit with it.

Sylvester,

No disrespect taken at all. It is good that he gets different opinions. I just never felt the performance increases that you do. I also saw a Dyno test long ago by a member that took the time to have it done before and after the change and it just didn't show any performance increase. The only advantage it showed was being able to hit the higher RPMs before the rev limiter kicked in. Now that IS an advantage because these engines are capable of running very strong past the factory rev limiter. All I am saying is that unless you enjoy running those time of RPMS frequently, I see no advantage through the normal RPM range.

I think mine is set on 7250 and if I'm no mistaken, Dyna recommends 7,000 max unless you change the valve springs to the heavier VMAX springs. They are probably just stating that to cover their butts though.