IGNORED

Darkside! Y-E-S!!

Kirby

Well, it's official, I've crossed over to the DARKSIDE!! Um, that sounds ominous, doesn't it! Got the Kumho mounted today but destroyed my new air compressor in the process! Oh well, it is still under warranty. Haven't gotten use to the tire yet. Only put about 25 miles on it today. May have to adjust the air pressure a little bit. Started out with 45 psi. What's everyone else running? Ran it up to 85mph, a couple of times. No problems. Put in 2 oz of dynabeads and let me tell you, those things work! I know, I know, gota take it easy for a couple hundred miles! I guess it'll get broken in on the way to Crabshack this Sat.

I started at 42lbs and was totally happy but kept reading that the center would probably wear faster so tried 32lbs for one ride but didn't like it then up to 36lbs and it was ok but I've finally settled on 38lbs. :thumbsup2:

Went this a.m. and put 40lbs in mine. What a difference (good), think I'll try that for a while. I think max on the side wall is 44#. ;)

• 3 months later...

Hi Friends, just bought the above, picking it up Friday afternoon. after only get'n about 9,000+ miles on my 404's, decided to try the CT. Would like to hear from others that may have that brand tire. What would y'all suggest as far as how much air to put in?

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Another question,

How much does that plastic chrome strip on top of the fairing cost? This is for an 07 RSV. Two of the tabs were screwed up by a tech at a previous Yamaha dealership, which is now closed! Is there a "simple repair" by using super glue? Looking forward to hearing from y'all!!!

PEACE THRU FIRE SUPERIORITY!!!

Hi Friends, just bought the above, picking it up Friday afternoon. after only get'n about 9,000+ miles on my 404's, decided to try the CT. Would like to hear from others that may have that brand tire. What would y'all suggest as far as how much air to put in?

Another question,

How much does that plastic chrome strip on top of the fairing cost? This is for an 07 RSV. Two of the tabs were screwed up by a tech at a previous Yamaha dealership, which is now closed! Is there a "simple repair" by using super glue? Looking forward to hearing from y'all!!!

Here's a link to the thread in the tech library to fix those for you Jerry.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=516

Another question,

I run about 32 lbs when solo, crank it up to 35 lbs for 2 up. No issues so far, been about 9 months on it (don't know the mileage).

after only get'n about 9,000+ miles on my 404's,

I'm still on the stock D404 on the rear and have over 12,000 miles and there's still lot's of tread. Havin a hard time understanding how some folks get such poor mileage. We ride 2-up almost all the time. Been running 42-46 lbs air. Having said that tho, the front was replaced already.

I went to a 130/90 running 36 lbs on the front and found that with 44-46 lbs in the rear it felt like I was running on a flat sometimes... dropped that to 42 and made a world of difference. Beautiful handling now.

Tossin around the idea of a Khumo for the rear...also maybe a 170/80 (instead of a 150) bike tire.

Hey Rick,

Thanks for the response.

That's one bad looking Dude in that picture in your profile!!! Could the reason be that I have close to 45,000 miles on my 07 RSV? Most of the miles are on Patriot Guard Missions, averaging 150 miles. This is my second set of 404's and the wear indicator is already showing. I keep it at 42 pounds.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Yo Troy,

Thank you also for your response, I do look forward to trying out that new BFG!!

Y'all have a great day!!!