IGNORED

Anybody done business with this eBay seller?

Snaggletooth

This may be my first time of getting burned on eBay. I hope not. I bought a set of chrome fairing hole covers on a BIN bid from a seller named "awfulhaunted" on October 29th. I paid as soon as I comfirmed my bid. The seller posted that there was free shipping on the BIN for domestic shipping. The PayPal totaled in the shipping on the sale so I went ahead and paid the full billing. I contacted the seller the next day and he did refund the shipping promptly. Still kept the item price in full. Fixed, or so I thought.

So I waited..

Then a few days later I get a notice from eBay that a listing I had been watching had relisted. I popped it up and what do I see but the same side covers, same pic, same exact listing I had already paid for.

So I contacted the seller requesting info on the shipping as I had seen the new listing and was concerned that there may have been some confusion because of the refunded shipping. Got a response that they had been shipped via FedEx......not UPS as stated in the listing. No tracking number was provided. That was on 11/06/09.

He did explain that the new listing was another set that I had just got from another bike.

Er...yeah....ok.....sure.

And I waited...

So I contacted him again today requesting the tracking info as I see someone has bid on the second listing. Haven't heard from him yet. If not by tonight I guess I'll have to start a claim on the guy. It's been going on two weeks and not much happening.

So the listings were:

Item# 300361849 for the ones I bought.

Item# 300364426 for the second listing.

Look alike to me......

Guess I'll try to put a cork in this guy before he sells this set again.

I hope I'm wrong on this.

So anybody had dealings with this guy?

Edited by Snaggletooth

That stinks man. I hope that ebay resolves it quickly or you end up getting them in the next couple days as promised. FedEX and/or UPS ground can take something like 5-10 business days, depending on where they are coming from so there is the chance that it is still in the mail and he is too much of a bum to just go look up the tracking information or whatever.

Either way, to answer your question, I do not have any experience with that seller. Sorry.

Good luck!

(PS. I think I'll ask him some questions via e-bay about shipping times and whatnot, and see what kind of response I get from him)

Rare.....not really......hard to come by decent clean ones......yeah. Been looking for a while so I jumped on these when they listed. I've seen them go a lot higher than $50.00.

It just irks me that the guy had a pretty decent feedback file so I felt pretty good about it. And his response to the shipping charge was quick and favorable.

I bought some junk early on in my dealings with eBay and it was my own fault. I learned what to ask and what I needed to know pretty quick to cover myself. About everything I've bought was in excellent condition when I got it.

So we shall see what happens. Best I can hope for is that he is a really, really slow shipper.

If you are interested, if you dont receive the ones you bought on Ebay, I could be persuaded to part with these. I will have to dig them out of the shop and see what they look like.

His feedback was 417 I think at 100%. Reviews were good.

I just checked the new listing and it still shows active on mine with two days to go.

Below is response I got from him when I asked about condition of light cover.

Doesn't even sound like he picked it up to look at.

i dont believe so

its real nice

To: awfulhauntedtoo@yahoo.com

Sent: Mon, November 9, 2009 11:40:48 AM

Subject: dingy101 has sent a question about item #300365232316, ending on Nov-15-09 20:08:18 PST - 1984 Yamaha Venture parts headlight cover clear glass

member has a question for you. http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/globalAssets/rtCurve.gif

http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/icon/iconAlert_32x32.gif

Dear awfulhaunted,

Are there ANY cracks in mounting screw hole area.

Thanks

Gary

- dingy101

http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/pict/300365232316.jpg 1984 Yamaha Venture parts headlight cover clear glass

Well I just got a response from the guy with a tracking number. Looks like he didn't even ship them until AFTER my second inquiry. That would have been AFTER he told me he shipped them.

So all I can accuse him of at this point is being a bit fudgy on the shipping story. Lazy would be a good word I guess.

Bongo.......I guess I've been spoiled. About everything I have bought has arrived within 10 days or less. The record was four days from payment. Wish they all went like that.

DragonRider.......I appriecate the offer. Looks like I won't need them. But thanks.

Now to see if they look like the ones in the pics in his listing. :scratchchin: I wonder what the other set looks like.

Keep a close watch on the expected delivery time and email the seller with any concerns you may have. Always keep the emails, at least until you have the item and are happy with it. If your item does not arrive or arrives in a condition different from "as advertised" you have a month from date of purchase to file a dispute with PayPal. They will want proof that you have made an effort to resolve the issues with the seller. If you have cause to be unhappy PayPal will refund your money. If more than a month goes by PayPal will not talk to you about it.

I hear ya Dingy.

His answers have been a bit in the gray area. Short and little useful info given to a direct question.

I see he just backed out of a helmet sale that that only brought $23.00. Said it was a mistake. He didn't get what he wanted so he backed out of the deal.

I guess he's one to avoid in the future.