IGNORED

Kim Munley Thank You Fund

Black Owl

A few days back, one of the members suggested taking up a collection for a worthy cause. Some of the causes mentioned were care packages for the troops, another donation to St. Judes, Toy's for Tots.

While all those suggestions are very good, I think that if we were to do something like that, that a fund be set up for Police Officer Kim Munley from Fort Hood.

Officer Munley was the officer who confronted the shooter at Ft Hood, and though shot three of four times, still managed to take down the shooter.

Officer Munley is a young officer and mother of two who is married to a military policeman stationed at Ft Bragg NC.

While I am sure that her medical expenses will be covered, I can speak from personal experience that there are many other non-covered expenses which this family will be facing.

So, what do you say. Can we make Officer Munley the official cause this year?

:15_8_211[1]:

Edited by Black Owl
Change thread title

I can not at this time think of a more deserving individual. Is there a fund or collection point in her name.

Not yet. This would be from the VentureRiders here. And, if we have enough members here that think this would be something they would like to donate to, I would be willing to head it up and accept the donations here.

I've got a cool idea I think. Why not have a VIRTUAL Meet and Eat at Killeen, TX. :banana: Just pick a BBQ or other type spot that we Venture Riders would go to and we could donate the price of the meal we would have enjoyed.

:think:

I think I could give up one VIRTUAL meal and lose a few pounds. :rotf:

Okay. Here's my thoughts on this.

We set a minimum amount to be raised at $1,000.00. More would be great, but lets shoot for $1,000.00

The cut off date for donations will be December 15, 2009. That will give us time to get the funds sent off in time for Christmas.

If we can't reach the minimum, all donations will be returned to the contributors.

Paypal donations can be sent to my PayPal account at CFAS@Juno.com

Checks or cash can be sent to Russell Hicks, 185 Redwood Drive, Apple Valley, MN 55124.

Please make sure the donation is tagged for the Kim Munley Thank You Fund.

If this is acceptable, lets walk the talk and get the ball rolling.

A daily total of the amount raised will be posted on this thread.

Thank you

I think it would be good to ascertain if she will accept this type of gift, and if there is a local (to Killeen/Ft. Hood) charity set up in her name that has tax deductible status of some kind, that frequently happens.

I'm also concerned about the families of those others who were killed and helping out if we can.

With more news coming out about the shooting at Ft Hood, it appears that this effort may be off base.

Am checking with an associate to see if there is any information which he can release as to who actually did what involving the taking down of the shooter.

If it turns out the original reports were wrong, I will be returning all donations made to date and killing this project.

Hope to have some conformation in the next couple of days.

Until then, if anyone was considering making a donation, I would ask that you hold off.

Thanks much