Hey, what's the Matter ??

You're ought to stand up while doing such Wheelies!!! :happy34::happy34:

:crackup::crackup:

I wasn't trying to do any wheelies at the time. My passenger needed some new panties too. I don't think she'll be wanting to ride with me again any time soon.

:rotf:

Carb sync = nothing at WOT. Carb sync is for when you are closer to closed throttle like Idle and highway cruise at 55-70mph.

What can be the causes of that.

Dirty air filter. a really dirty air filter will significantly reduce power. check that first.

Starvation of fuel, Fuel filter plugged. Change that right now, cheapest and easiest to test.

Starvation of spark, Are you firing on all 4 cyl? the Venture engine is strong as heck. when I lost my ECM I rode home on 2 cylinders and it felt fine on a 300 mile trip. Pull each plug wire, put in a good spare sparkplug crank it and check to see if you see a good spark.

also check the spark plugs. are they clean? wet? wet or oiliy or very dirty will foul a plug. The venture has a very weak spark so the plugs flul easier than most cars.

When I first got my 86, I kept blowing past the red line on the tack, so I asked a friend that was a super mc mechanic if he could put a rev limiter on it for me. He said "What year is it?" I said "86". He replied that it already had one. I said "No it doesn't cause I keep running past the red line!" He said "Watch this", he started it and opened the throttle all the way. At 10 grand the rev limiter kicked in! (If you look at a VMax tach, it red lines at 9500) He said "I wouldn't go there too often but you've got it if you need it."

Now, I told you all that to tell you this: I was riding with a friend that was on an HD Ultra. We had previously talked about racing and had just missed a turn. We weere riding along at 5 mph or so talking about the missed turn. The road ran straight to the horizon. He asked if I wanted to race. I said "Count it down!" He did and I went to the rev limiter in first and then again in second. When I shifted to third, I looked down and I was doing 103mph!!! The first gen WILL top 100 miles per in 2nd gear!

My advise: sync the carbs, run some SeaFoam through it and ride the hell out of it!!!

There is NO Rev Limiter inside the Electronics on any 1Gen Venture or 1Gen Vmax.

Do the 10 Grand more often and you're in for lenghtened Con Rod and need some Work to do. Especially with the larger 1300cc Pistons.

The Valve Springs are different(lighter Spring Force) to the Vmax Springs and that's why the 1Gen's have redline at 8.5k instead of 9.5k where the Vmax Redline is.