IGNORED

Let's make a difference . . . .

sgn

As we know Dingy has made an excellent contribution to the site in the form of the color wiring diagrams.

I have printed the wiring diagrams for my 83 VR in a size of 36”x24”, full color and put them up on my workshop wall. It has been great to be able to work on the bike and be able to just look up and “see” the wiring without finding my place again on a small black and white page.

This got me to thinking, which RandyA will tell you is very dangerous!

How many of the members would like to have large size color prints of the diagrams for their bikes?

I called the local Kinko’s to see what the charge would be to print them and was quoted way too much money. (at least for me)

So to cut to the chase what I am proposing is this:

Each member that would like a large size print would donate to a common fund what they thought the prints would be worth to them. All cost for printing and United States Postal service would be at my expense. ALL of the money donated for the prints would be divided by the number of our members serving us in the military. It would be my intent that the money be used by them to help pay for the cost of phone calls home over the Christmas/New Year holidays. (If this plan is not to your favor then a substitute donation to St. Judes will be made.)

I have spoken with Dingy and he has given his okay to go ahead with the idea.

I will be setting up a Paypal account later today or you can send checks/money orders.

Many of you do not know me but you can check with RandyA and I am sure he will tell you that the money collected will go for the intended purpose.

So let’s begin, tell which diagram you want, where to send the diagram to, the amount of your donation and the benefactor of choice. (I will keep records and supply those upon request.)

I will print each week from now to the end of November, mailings will go out Mondays, last mailing on November 30.

Contact me via private message or my home email and phone number is listed in my profile.

Thanks all – working together we can make the Holidays a little brighter for each other.

Steve Neal (sgn)

For those of you with 1999 - 2009 RSV's, I will have the wiring diagram ready later this week.

So far I have only posted the 1st Gen's. which can be viewed at link below.

[ame=http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=41972]1st Gen Wiring Schematics 1983 - 1993 - VentureRider.Org[/ame]

The 24" x 36" prints really do make following these much easier to work with.

Another note, I have shown the "Emergency Stop Switch" as Normally Closed on all drawings posted. I have corrected the drawings to show this as a Normally Open contact. I will update the files on web site in near future. Also a couple of mis-spellings in color code chart have been fixed.

The files Steve has are corrected versions.

Gary

Your idea is a great one. Could you give us an idea what Kinko's was going to charge?

It will give all of us that want one an idea what is fair and reasonable to donate.

I for one have no idea what it should, could, aught to be worth. It will give us a fair staring point.

:2cents:

PS: And BTW I would like one also

Edited by Bubber
added PS

This is just for an idea - I am NOT suggesting this rate

Kinko's/FedEX Office Johnson City,TN

$7.25 per sq.ft. (3'x2' = six sq.ft.)

Price to print $43.50

I TOLD YOU IT WAS A RIPOFF !!!!! :Bunny2:

I didn't even want to post that price - but because you asked ....

sgn

Edited by sgn

I'm in for my 2nd Gen as well.

I want to be fair about this so I will wait for the price based on the consensus of sgn......and if we have to pay Kinko's price so be it. :banana:

Boomer........who's tired of using a telescope to read electrical schematics for his scoot.

Question !

Can this be sent out electronically when it is done, and we can have it printed locally at Kinko's, Office Max or where ever?

Does that work for people? Then they can pay the going rate locally. Saves on postage. Everyone can still make the donation per the original post.

Just a thought

NOTE: Out of curiosity I called Office Max and Office Depot and they were about 30 buck 2' X 3' color.

I find it hard to believe that it is that expensive to print a sheet that size for $30.00

Edited by Bubber
added note

I came up with idea - help others with our money instead of "giving" it away.

The Kinko's price was crazy and Office Max was still to much in my opinon

That's why I didn't set a price. Let each decide, I have seen the way this family reacts and I know that each one will do what they think is fair.

SGN

I know bigger is better, but would a 13 x 19 sheet work? I can print that on my photo printer. Maybe break it into 2 sheets. The paper for that runs about $1.75/sheet. I can do a test print if anyone wants to see it.

Dennis

Sure, give it a shot & see how it looks.........:fingers-crossed-emo

I know bigger is better, but would a 13 x 19 sheet work? I can print that on my photo printer. Maybe break it into 2 sheets. The paper for that runs about $1.75/sheet. I can do a test print if anyone wants to see it.

Dennis

Well that would be whole lot easier to read than using a magnifying glass.

Bubber

I would like to make a proposition if I may?

I would hate to see this posting die and all the hard work that sgn and dingy have done to date.

May I suggest that the donation be set at a minimum of $10.00 for the cause if that is acceptable to sgn and dingy. With that said let me be the first to order a copy of the second gen latest version of the wiring diagram.

sgn if you would let us know how and where to send the donation that would be great. Maybe put that info in the original post????

Thanks to both of you for doing this for the membership of Venturriders.

Bubber

aka Steve

I will send my address via PM