IGNORED

Front tire valve leaking air

Yama

Be very careful. My front valve stem was cracked and leaking and I did not know it and had a front tire blow out at 65 mph. I found some yamaha racing valve stems on the internet. They were all medal and angled for easy filling and checking and had a nut that screwed on from inside the rim to keep the stem in tight. They weren't cheap but had a 10 year warrenty. They were 32 bucks for 2. The sad thing is the front and rear stems are different and don't interchange.

I would certainly do it myself. I think you could move the tire enough to get the new stem in. I've done it on car tires.

But then, I change my own tires so I have the tools to do it with.

Depends on your ability's and how you like supporting the stealership.

As was said, you should be able to move the tire enough to get to the stem for replacement. The hard part is breaking the bead. A friend in another forum uses a large C-clamp. I suggest putting the bike on the center-stand, break the bead, and use the C-clamp again to move the tire enough to cut out the old stem. Bolt in a steel stem, release the clamp and air up.

As was said, you should be able to move the tire enough to get to the stem for replacement. The hard part is breaking the bead. A friend in another forum uses a large C-clamp. I suggest putting the bike on the center-stand, break the bead, and use the C-clamp again to move the tire enough to cut out the old stem. Bolt in a steel stem, release the clamp and air up.

:sign yeah that: I have done this. It can be done.:thumbsup2:

• 2 weeks later...
Be very careful. My front valve stem was cracked and leaking and I did not know it and had a front tire blow out at 65 mph. I found some yamaha racing valve stems on the internet. They were all medal and angled for easy filling and checking and had a nut that screwed on from inside the rim to keep the stem in tight. They weren't cheap but had a 10 year warrenty. They were 32 bucks for 2. The sad thing is the front and rear stems are different and don't interchange.

Where exactly did you purchase your metal valve stems?