IGNORED

Silver...the best color!!!

1BigDog

The fact that silver/grey is popular for cars and trucks highlights just one thing. People are lazy. We all know that those color automobiles never really look dirty because they are the color of road film. Period. Those folks who take pride in their vehicles, even though they know it will require more vigilant upkeep, inevitably buy the fastest color. BLACK Rules!

:smile5:

Silver... especially metallic silver... one of the most difficult colors to spray paint.

Solid white... probably the easiest to paint but requires more coats to hide other colors (except silver LOL)

Red ... probably the most difficult to mix.

Silver... especially metallic silver... one of the most difficult colors to spray paint.

Solid white... probably the easiest to paint but requires more coats to hide other colors (except silver LOL)

Red ... probably the most difficult to mix.

Yeah if I don't run the brush over it a couple times that white shows thru...

Being the "skeptic" that I am, I find it hard to understand how they figgure silver is the most popular.

Consider this ...

very few people "factory order" a vehicle.

the factory elects to use silver as it's predominant color

they flood the market with predominantly silver cars

wouldn't that suggest that more silver cars are sold thereby causing it to be deemed "most popular"?

Ford trucks for years have been deemed the "most popular" ... why?

because Ford produces (or once did) seven times as many trucks as anyone else. Secondly, Ford credit (at one time) would finance pretty much anybody.

The fact that silver/grey is popular for cars and trucks highlights just one thing. People are lazy. We all know that those color automobiles never really look dirty because they are the color of road film. Period. Those folks who take pride in their vehicles, even though they know it will require more vigilant upkeep, inevitably buy the fastest color. BLACK Rules!

:smile5:

Excuse me Sir, but it's BLUE!!!!!!!! (NOT BLACK):big-grin-emoticon:

If I ever get a picture of my '99 l'll disprove the "silver doesn't show dirt theory". Sunday is looking good for washday & I'll not wash again until I get my polished aluminum deflecters . I'm calling a strike , my wife says no one can tell as I'm also to lazy to hold the dang sign.:sign busted:

I have owned three silver vehicles and all three developed splotching (dark spots in the silver). I would never own another. I do like the Venture liquid silver color but not enough to buy one. If they had made a black and silver Venture I may have bought one, always liked the HD in that color.

:farmer: