IGNORED

RSV gauge plates available soon

Ponch

Hey Ponch

I bought the Equus gauges, but after seeing your instructions, I now understand your brackets will not work as designed. Not sure what holes have to be opened and how you are slotting the mounting brackets. Especially since the Equss gauge has ceramic piece that screws

Here are some pics of your bracket and faceplate with the Equss gauge

As soon as I get some more made, I'll post an ad and then start shipping them. If anyone who has this setup has any coments, please let them fly. I'm not fishing for compliments here, just issues you may have with the install.

I already know there is some mods required if you use the Equus gauges. Nothing major, you just have to open up the holes in the dash a little and slot the mounting holes in the mounting brackets.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I talked to George this morning about the Equus install.

From what I have gathered from others, on two of the gauges there is a dimple or notch that will line up with the mounting bracket that can be drilled and a sheet metal screw inserted. The hole in the short leg of the bracket may have to be slotted a little.

Make sure that the outside measurement of the brackets at the width is a little less than the opening for the casstte player (5" I believe).

I talked to George this morning about the Equus install.

From what I have gathered from others, on two of the gauges there is a dimple or notch that will line up with the mounting bracket that can be drilled and a sheet metal screw inserted. The hole in the short leg of the bracket may have to be slotted a little.

Make sure that the outside measurement of the brackets at the width is a little less than the opening for the casstte player (5" I believe).

Well I was going to use the Equus gauges, even tapped them to fit the very sort Allen head bolts that I had in stock, but after cutting the holes in the cassette slot, put the gauges on the new plate, started to put into slots, but would not fit with the holes that were created because of the creramic nut they use, makes the gauges wider than 1.5 and I said the heck with them, I was not going to cut bigger holes, went to Autozone and got the Sunpro gauges.

Ponch, so thanks for taking my call about the Equus gauges and the bracket setup.

:)

just a quick fyi...I e-mailed Sunpro (Actron) about a 1.5" tach. They said they don't have anything in the works but would forward the info. on for consideration.

Did this with some aftermarket shock companies too. Don't remember which one is which but one gave pretty short sweet answer "no" and the other also said they would put put it on some board for consideration.

Heck at least they would consider it. Thought that is better than nothing.

• 1 month later...

This was my best attempt of Antiquing

to try and match the MM Colors.

Taking the pictures with the neon lights

in the garage kind of changed the colors.:think:

Thanks to all the hard work that Ponch

did for us already! He does excellent work!

These are not hooked up yet. I need to find

a different plug for my water side. I did order

the one from on-line but the water censor probe will

not go through the hole in the plug :scratchchin:

[ATTACH]39541[/ATTACH]

• 1 year later...

I might have an extra (Ponch) plate laying around , I will have to look around for it though.

(not sure if I still have it)

As far as the rest , you can get yourself. READ all of the below link

and also at the bottom of the pages you will see other links to click on as well.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=34281

Also you can go this way and use the back plate as shown here ( comes with the sunpro gauges) and your

pretty much set. just need a couple adapters as you will find after reading through

all the post.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showpost.php?p=322564&postcount=130

Good Luck !

Jeff

Edited by Cougar