IGNORED

2nd Gen seat cushions

Goofeychuck

Obviously everyone has different butts and different comfort zones.

I think Ron and I have ridden for so many years we no longer have feeling down there. We have the stock seat on our 99 RSV and just recently added a sheepskin. We rode 1200 miles in 2 days to Sturgis, and we really had no complaints other than being tired and that was mainly from the crosswinds.

I hope you find the comfort seat for your self.

Yama Mama:Venture:

I went from the stock seat to a mustang seat (wife had a gel cushion on the last 2 bikes) now I put on the Venture Pillow tops and WOW very nice... The wife has stopped using the gel seat...she wont sell it YET.....

It is correct that everyone will have a different answer to this one... Heck I didnt think the stock seat was all that bad, I did 950 miles in 14 hours on it...But now I'm ready for some LONG riding.......

+1 for the stock pillow tops and everyone's rumpus being a wee bit different.

In 14 days August I rode ~4500 miles Riding every day; some were real short and some were longer (some days were 600-700 while some were just puttering around ~50 max). My last 4 days were ~500 miles each day and on the last day I really started to feel my tailbone. (But, no pun intended; I slipped and bounced down a few stairs on my rumpus which I think contributed to the tailbone issue).

Your seat obviously is not doing what you want it to do; lots of good advice here and definitely talk to Rick Butler at some point and he can probably provide some good direction.

Good luck!