IGNORED

Swap. 86 to 83 luggage, is it possible???

I have recently aquired an 86 venture that has had the front body removed but still has the rear luggage intact.

Is it possible to change out the luggage to the 83? anybody tried this before?

I am also looking at pulling the wiring harness and changing all the electrics as well. instrument panel and all. this will also give me the air-ride system. and cruise control.

Any thoughts on this.

Major projects are my favorite...................:255:

Have seen one converted here in Ontario that was for sale this past spring and it looked pretty good. Not sure what was involved in the conversion tho. I think there was a post here before about his but not sure. Like they say anything IS possible with a little work.

I have recently aquired an 86 venture that has had the front body removed but still has the rear luggage intact.

Is it possible to change out the luggage to the 83? anybody tried this before?

I am also looking at pulling the wiring harness and changing all the electrics as well. instrument panel and all. this will also give me the air-ride system. and cruise control.

Any thoughts on this.

Major projects are my favorite...................:255:

I believe you must also change the rear sub frame that everything bolts to.

Dick

Yup, rear frame and crash bars have to be swapped out as well but it is "bolt on."

Fairing pieces are interchangeable but you have to use the MK2 engine crash bars to use the front chin...

Wiring harness should be pretty much plug and play, but you may already have the connectors for the class system on your harness. There is a difference between the cruise control on the MK1 and MK2 and the pieces mount a little different, but the main harness should be the same...

Yup, rear frame and crash bars have to be swapped out as well but it is "bolt on."

I was hoping some one would say that.

Fairing pieces are interchangeable but you have to use the MK2 engine crash bars to use the front chin...

I don't use the chin, just don't like it.

Wiring harness should be pretty much plug and play, but you may already have the connectors for the class system on your harness. There is a difference between the cruise control on the MK1 and MK2 and the pieces mount a little different, but the main harness should be the same...

All the electrics on the 86 are going on the 83 so this shouldn't be a problem.

The cruise and class from the 83 were gone when i got it, that is why I'm changing out the wiring harness. that and i will be using the instrument panel from the 86.

Anybody know where the computer for the cruise is? maybe in the inst. head?

The cruise and class from the 83 were gone when i got it, that is why I'm changing out the wiring harness.

Cruise, what cruise, there was no cruise on a 83 (at least, not a 83 in stock form). :bang head:

You going to put in, the Mk2 headlight too??????

Cruise, what cruise, there was no cruise on a 83 (at least, not a 83 in stock form). :bang head:

You going to put in, the Mk2 headlight too??????

I think it was an add on of some sort, the actuator was under the left faring, just like the 86;but it was about twice as big. the vacuum pump was not there.

it connected to the carbs (if i remember right) with a cable and chain at the carbs. I still have the actuator.

The title says it is an 83.

I think it was an add on of some sort, the actuator was under the left faring, just like the 86;but it was about twice as big. the vacuum pump was not there.

it connected to the carbs (if i remember right) with a cable and chain at the carbs. I still have the actuator.

The title says it is an 83.

What kind of choke mechanism does it have???? Condor has an 84 with an 83 title, as part of his collection, if I remember correctly. The 84 has a different choke mechanism than any other year.

What kind of choke mechanism does it have???? Condor has an 84 with an 83 title, as part of his collection, if I remember correctly. The 84 has a different choke mechanism than any other year.

It is exactly like the 86. thumb control on the left handelbar at the bottom. connects to the left rear carb.

BTW - I'm sticking with the 83 faring because the 86 front plastic was used to repair an 87 that did a head on with something...I swaped all the plastic from the 86 to the 87. And the forks complete with wheel.