IGNORED

Passenger Cup Holder

Goofeychuck

Saw a fellar in Vermont recently that did that and mounted his on the rear crash guard of his Venture. I don't know how well the chrome on the bottle holder is but for that price ya could slap a new one on every 6 months or so.:thumbsup2:

Boomer........thinking more of whiskey than water for that durn water bottle.:Laugh:

Do you guys that have these drink holders actually stay in the saddle so long that you can't make it to the next stop without a drink? We carry our "gatoraid" or whatever in the side bag and drink when we stop...which is generally around an hour to an hour & a half and oftentimes, we don't even take a drink...just a short "driving" or "butt" break or to see some sights at a pulloff.

Not meaning any disrespect but I sometimes think such things are nothing more than a fad or status symbol for some people. I had one once ... way back in 1987 on my '83 Wing ... hardly ever really used it and finally got rid of it.

It's like a cigarette lighter ... even riding on these scoots ya can't fully enjoy a smoke ... friggin ashes blow all over ya, get in yer eyes and such. Oh wait... I get it now .... the drink holder holds the ashtray!!! :D

I could probably make it from stop to stop without it but that's not the point. The point is that I LIKE sipping on my coffee from time to time while I'm riding. I enjoy it. I could car less about a status symbol or anything else. It just adds to my enjoyment ... period. I travel daily for my job in my company car and there is seldom a time when I don't have a cup of coffee with me.

I could probably make it from stop to stop without it but that's not the point. The point is that I LIKE sipping on my coffee from time to time while I'm riding. I enjoy it. I could car less about a status symbol or anything else. It just adds to my enjoyment ... period. I travel daily for my job in my company car and there is seldom a time when I don't have a cup of coffee with me.

Like I implied... for "some" people... not all. Again, I meant no offense.... maybe just a bit of :witch_brew: ... as I've been noted for doing from time to time! As for coffee sipping, I can handle about 3 cups in the morning ... 2 at home during brekkie and a smoke, one more mid morning at work. Guess I'm not a "coffeeholic" and it's a good thing coz my doc told me to cut down due to the cholesterol. Now, if I'm driving in my truck long distance, having a drink handy is good ... coz I hardly ever stop between gas ups.

There are times for me on long hauls that I like to keep my stopping to a minimum but still enjoy the ride. I have a 3L Camelbak that I wear for myself. For a while I was driving 700 miles a week (350 miles out Monday morning, then Thursday morning I'd make the haul back) to go between the 2 full time jobs I was working. I rode the bike for economic reasons as well as enjoyment but I needed to make that trip in no more than 6 hours to be on time so I couldn't afford to stop and smell the roses more than necessary.

Now, when I take a leisurely ride and my girlfriend comes along unless she has something to drink while we ride, we end up 'needing' to stop quite often. It is hard enough to get her to WANT to come take a ride with me, anything I can do to help make her ride more comfortable and still be able to put a few miles on is a definite plus in my book. Besides, when she is happy it makes my life A LOT easier... Especially when the bike is involved.

Just throwing my ).02 response in there, I realize that you were just :stirthepot: but I just wanted to throw that out there...

Do you guys that have these drink holders actually stay in the saddle so long that you can't make it to the next stop without a drink? We carry our "gatoraid" or whatever in the side bag and drink when we stop...which is generally around an hour to an hour & a half and oftentimes, we don't even take a drink...just a short "driving" or "butt" break or to see some sights at a pulloff.

Not meaning any disrespect but I sometimes think such things are nothing more than a fad or status symbol for some people. I had one once ... way back in 1987 on my '83 Wing ... hardly ever really used it and finally got rid of it.

It's like a cigarette lighter ... even riding on these scoots ya can't fully enjoy a smoke ... friggin ashes blow all over ya, get in yer eyes and such. Oh wait... I get it now .... the drink holder holds the ashtray!!! :D

Well us frogs have to have our water along the way or we get dried out!!! But then when we get too much water we become Wild Hogs and have to pull over more often. Since we ride everyday It's a convenience to get off work and run downtown to get some lunch and bring it back to the worksite. But then again I realize some only ride on the weekend or when it's not raining or maybe get only 20 miles a month on their Har.., er, uh, bikes. Frogs have a need for water. Real bikers have a need for riding!!! I'm both!!!

Like Don (freebird) I drink a lot of coffee, probably to much but that is the first I've heard it causes high cholesterol, my Doc does say I drink to much of it but he wants me to quit because I drink to much and it elevates my blood pressure. Anyway I also like to sip on the coffee mostly all morning and it carries into the afternoon from time to time but the biggest problem if I drink the coffee then I have to make more pit stops to get rid of the coffee.

BOO

Like Don (freebird) I drink a lot of coffee, probably to much but that is the first I've heard it causes high cholesterol, my Doc does say I drink to much of it but he wants me to quit because I drink to much and it elevates my blood pressure. Anyway I also like to sip on the coffee mostly all morning and it carries into the afternoon from time to time but the biggest problem if I drink the coffee then I have to make more pit stops to get rid of the coffee.

BOO

I don't think it is a big cause all by itself but it does add to high cholesterol and when you have high cholesterol, anything you can reduce that affects that is an improvement.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6242467/

I don't think it is a big cause all by itself but it does add to high cholesterol and when you have high cholesterol, anything you can reduce that affects that is an improvement.

Very interesting, I had no idea. Doesn't sound like a big issue but I agree every little thing you do is a help. Thanks for the link.

BOO

I'm not a coffee drinker, but I do drink water while riding the bike. I love riding and I don't want to have to stop just to have a sip or wet my lips sort of speak. My other bike I never thought of a cup holder and always had to stop to take a drink.

With this beautiful comfortable bike, now I don't have to stop. I can keep on riding in comfort and have a drink at the same time.

I love it.

From your link:

"Unfiltered coffee has much less effect on your heart disease risk than smoking, high blood pressure or being overweight," says Dr. Martijn B. Katan, a professor at the Wageningen Center for Food Sciences and Wageningen University.

And you also said:

I can handle about 3 cups in the morning ... 2 at home during brekkie and a smoke, one more mid morning at work.

Something doesn't add up here....you're worried about the possible small effect of coffee on your cholesterol, but continue to smoke? :confused24:

OK, now who's :stirthepot: ?

:whistling::whistling::Im not listening to

There are times for me on long hauls that I like to keep my stopping to a minimum but still enjoy the ride. I have a 3L Camelbak that I wear for myself. For a while I was driving 700 miles a week (350 miles out Monday morning, then Thursday morning I'd make the haul back) to go between the 2 full time jobs I was working. I rode the bike for economic reasons as well as enjoyment but I needed to make that trip in no more than 6 hours to be on time so I couldn't afford to stop and smell the roses more than necessary.

Now, when I take a leisurely ride and my girlfriend comes along unless she has something to drink while we ride, we end up 'needing' to stop quite often. It is hard enough to get her to WANT to come take a ride with me, anything I can do to help make her ride more comfortable and still be able to put a few miles on is a definite plus in my book. Besides, when she is happy it makes my life A LOT easier... Especially when the bike is involved.

Just throwing my ).02 response in there, I realize that you were just :stirthepot: but I just wanted to throw that out there...

That's my wife too! Gotta keep her happy, so we can take scooter vacations!

You must post a pic. Everyone will want to see how you done it.....:sign20:

Ok some like em & some don't... for those who do :D a good, low cost holder would be of interest to lots of riders (like me)

I currently have a cheap plastic one on the handle bar that works ok but would quickly replace with a better one if the price was right and would love to put one on the back for the wife

Terry

Something doesn't add up here....you're worried about the possible small effect of coffee on your cholesterol, but continue to smoke? :confused24:

OK, now who's :stirthepot: ?

Did I say I was worried? NO ... just stating a fact. :rasberry:

OK, I've stirred the pot enuf... time to go to Wally world and get me a cup holder and see what all this fussin is about...!

:sign20:

Rosie, I use a beer koosie and cut out the bottom inner circle and push it down over my gas cap. I saw this on other bikes at the Kitchenr Rally last year. At 140km/h the bottle of water doesn't even shake rattle or shimmy.

You just have to remember when you gas up and take it off that you don't drive away and leave it sitting on the gas pump like I did with my excellent one hand operation Venture Rider stainless steel mug. I'm still mad at myself. Luckily my wife lets me use hers now.

Rosie, I use a beer koosie and cut out the bottom inner circle and push it down over my gas cap. I saw this on other bikes at the Kitchenr Rally last year. At 140km/h the bottle of water doesn't even shake rattle or shimmy.

You just have to remember when you gas up and take it off that you don't drive away and leave it sitting on the gas pump like I did with my excellent one hand operation Venture Rider stainless steel mug. I'm still mad at myself. Luckily my wife lets me use hers now.

Thay really sucks that you lost your mug..... neat idea with the beer koozie

• 2 weeks later...

around here - Phoenix - drinking a quart of water an hour while riding is required.

at 100+ degrees the moisture is literally sucked out of your body.

I keep an insulated cup of water on the handlebars and 1/2 gallon in the saddlebag at all times

Having experienced a bit of heat-stroke during my daily commute home - it scared the heck outa me.

also -a large rubber band around the bottom of the cup holder is a great place to keep pennies handy....