IGNORED

OK rain this ain't funny anymore

Dragonslayer

Had an 9" creek flowing through the back yard during the worst of it. Came close to the foudation, but thank you Jesus the house stayed dry! All the schools in the area and a lot of the roads in the area are still closed, but I fared better than a lot of the people out there. Things look a whole lot better today up here in Acworth.

Left the house at 7 this morning, got about 18 miles........................... in 2 1/2 hours, turned around and went hiome. I-20 was flooded at Sweetwater Creek and again at the Hootch where it flooded the Interstate and six Flags Over GA .:rain2:

we had a decent break from the rain here in Louisiana. i got to ride a bit & mow what was dry enough. now we are back in it or under it, i should say. i took the chance & rode to work yesterday. i was lucky to stay dry both ways. cant' ride for many day coming.

dale in La

Yea it was pretty nice today no rain the problem was that power went out during the gully washer yesterday about this time and they just got it restored a few minutes ago so we've been without power for 24 hours . I wonder how long it's gonna take them to get the cable back on. The creek is no longer flooding and is back down to close to normal. So, we are no longer physically stranded.

I started off being physically stranded by the creek then Technically stranded by the loss of power. Now I'm intellecterally stranded with no TV. I'm not sure which is worse. I did however read a good John Grisham book over the past 24 hours.

Still 6 feet below full pool I had heard on Monday. I think we're pumping it to Alabama and Florida as soon as it hits the lake.

My mom use to wonder why when we would get lots and lots of rain it seemed most of it misses the reservoir. Hope the rain hits that and not any of you anymore.

Margaret

Looks like the worst is over. Took a ride around ysterday and no more roads closed (at least in my area). The sun was shining and some people were even able to cut their lawns. It seems the water left as quick as it came! What a difference a day makes. Thanks everyone for your concerns!!