IGNORED

Where did you ride Today

E-Fishin-C

Rode to Strawberry Plains, TN to visit my step-daughter and family on the 18th in the rain most of the way. Came back today most of the day in the rain. It was worth it though.

Saturday saw a beautiful black RSTD on a trailer???? I went to say Hi, but you were pulling away. Saw you again on the way to the Rod Run, but the traffic was so bad we couldn't get together. Who the HECK are you? :think:

Left TN for ND on Wed, Sept 16 at 5 pm. Landed in Fargo, ND at 4:30 pm on Thurs, Sept 17th. 1192 miles in 23.5 hrs. Not sure that was the most direct route, but that's how my GPS sent me.

(sorry Snarley Bill I didn't stop and see you on the way, it was around midnight, figured you and Linda were sleeping!)

Left ND yesterday morning, but stayed the night in Keokuk, IA (?). Didn't try to do another straight run again. Left there at 4 am and didn't arrive home until 3:30 this afternoon....weathered storms all day. Really glad to be home, I'll tell you. Total miles ridden in 5 days about 2500, staying 2 nights in ND, and one in IA.

Don (who has a sore BUTT)

Climbed on the trusty 2nd gen garden tractor about 4:30 today in a light mist, followed the circuitous route around the yard (via on-board GPS) with the mowing attachment working. Managed to miss most of the heavy rain, pulled into the shed after clean-up just as it started raining harder. That'll be the most of my riding till Weds. or Thurs. Hope that comes close to everyone else!

Sybil

I wasn't here yesterday, so I will comment on Saturday today. I left my house in Round Lake Il. at 6:30 AM, Rode about 40 miles South and met some friends. We rode down to the Joliet Il. area and Rode Route 66. We stopped at a few of the nice tourist spots and finally ended up in Pontiac Il.

The rest of the group decided to call it a day and started riding home. I however got a wild hair up my you know where and decided to ride on to St. Louis to see the Cubs ans Cardinals play. The game started at 3:05 CST and I arrived at 3:25 CST. I found a guy selling a ticket, got a real nice motorcycle spot by a pole at half price, went in and enjoyed the game, unfortunately the Cubs lost.

After the game I rode to Grafton, Il. in hopes of finding a place to spend the night, unfortunately for me, what I thought was a hotel behind this really nice resturant (remembered from an earlier trip there), turned out to be townhouses (needless to say, they wouldn't let me spend the night). I spent the next hour and a half driving in the dark, looking for a hotel out in the middle of nowhere. Ended up in Jacksonville, Il. Put about 600 miles on the bike Saturday. :Venture:

We had a beautiful ride today from Omaha, NE wandering the Loess Hills to Onawa, IA for lunch then wandering the Loess Hills back to Council Bluffs. 200ish Miles in all.

Best part was that we had a new couple on their bike. They have never taken ANY kind of trip other than back and forth to work and around their nieborhood! He was uncomfortable with speed so we kept it at 55ish max. Usually aound 45 to 50ish on the back highways. The corn was on its way out, the soybeans were turning colors, the trees were just starting to turn colors. The weather was perfect, mostly sunny with just a little bit of breeze. We were gone from 1100 to 1800.

The new couple were on a 750cc Honda Shadow, but they are smaller in stature so it fit them, but she complained about her backside hurting alot. At the end of the ride, my wife told her to climb on the back of our Venture. She told her husband that she wasn't getting off the bike! They both said that they want to get a bigger bike. I tried to explain the differences in the two styles of bikes and that they do have a good bike, they just need a more comfortable seat. But maybe they just WANT a bigger bike if they are going ride with bigger bikes.

We are looking forward to the upcoming weeks as fall arrives and the leaves get more vibrant.

craigr

Climbed on the trusty 2nd gen garden tractor about 4:30 today in a light mist, followed the circuitous route around the yard (via on-board GPS) with the mowing attachment working. Managed to miss most of the heavy rain, pulled into the shed after clean-up just as it started raining harder. That'll be the most of my riding till Weds. or Thurs. Hope that comes close to everyone else!

Sybil

Wow! I wish my lawn would grow enough to mow. Haven't had enough rain to grow anything this year!

I took ownership of my '03 on Thursday. Rode 190 miles in a lovely rain / sun mix to Chattanooga on Friday afternoon after meeting some friends half way. Then, Saturday morning left out on the Trail of Tears ride from Chattanooga TN to Florence Alabama, almost 200 miles, most of which was in heavy rain. The turn out was much lower than years past, probably due to the terrible weather. Returned to Knoxville, shriveled but satisfied after riding over 300 more miles in often heavy but mainly constant rainfall.

I saw several 1st gens and many nice 2nd gens on the ride. And, of course, one of the HD's riding with us had mechanical issues. Imagine that...

The RSV handled like a dream and was very comfortable despite the horrid weather. Another great ride!

Don

I wasnt sposed to be on a bike yet after having sinus and tear duct surgery on Wed, but it was ssoooo nice around here on Sat that I was getting cabin fever and decided to go out for a short half hour ride to one of the beaches close to town. It was 33 C (92 F) on Sat with light winds, absolutely gorgeous!!!

Deb and I had a great afternoon on the deck of the restaurant overlooking part of Regina Beach.

Brian

After having heart catheterization on Thursday, I won't be able to ride until... TODAY!!! They found very clean arteries but a weakened heart due to an past infection (maybe pnuemonia in 2005), so I will be on meds the rest of my life. I will get out today and ride for sure.

:farmer:

Craigr......you kidding me? I spent the entire afternoon roaming 183 and the scenic bypasses all over between Omaha, Mo Valley and on to Soldier and over to Denison and back down through Logan. Great day for riding though.

Well dog-gone-it!!

We should've gotten together!

We live too close to never ride together. Next time we plan a ride, I am going to try to reach out to you.

craigr