IGNORED

sorry guys, but I'm jumping ship

scotty

After careful consideration and waiting for the 2010 venture I have bought a new to me toy.

2007 wing with EFI.:cool10:

It sure dose have a lot of buttons though! On the way home while trying to find the auto wave button I may have accidently launched the space shuttle.:whistling:

I still intend to hang out here cause I still have the 84 and I think it will still make a good service truck. ( That would be a shift cover from a 5 ton truck this spring ). Besides you guys make me laugh, and after looking at my bank balance, I need a good laugh!

man, talk about forward planning. that wing will be a great trade for the 3rd Gen bike that will come out soon enough.

i wish i had thought of that. what a trojan move. lots of horses in dat motor.

well, don't put too many miles on it. it may lower the value.

enjoy the ride.

dale in La

After careful consideration and waiting for the 2010 venture I have bought a new to me toy.

It sure dose have a lot of buttons though! On the way home while trying to find the auto wave button I may have accidently launched the space shuttle.:whistling:

I still intend to hang out here cause I still have the 84 and I think it will still make a good service truck. ( That would be a shift cover from a 5 ton truck this spring ). Besides you guys make me laugh, and after looking at my bank balance, I need a good laugh!

congrads on the new wing. you will love it. hey one of our moderators has a wing and he ain't been fired yet. i have a wing and they can't run me off. enjoy the ride, i sure do. bill :clap2: :)

I hate to admit it, but I could not stay up with a Wing today on a relatively good day to ride hard. My ride is close to 1100 lbs total travel weight and running at 90mph (uncorrected), the wing pulled away.....quickly. I mean out of sight in a few minutes. The Venture was willing - but I wasn't.

At least I passed some Harleys today.

Enjoy the new beast!

I think we should ask Freebird for a Venturerider -Wing subforum!:thumbsup: I like my 2008 alot, but its not a Venture. Looks like I'm probably going to top 25k miles this year on just the Wing, so I guess I don't mind riding it.:whistling:

congrads on the wing. Being that I totaled :bawling: my 2nd gen in May :95:. Then finally the doc stated told me I could go back to riding. :thumbsup2: This was the middle of Augest and I only lasted 2 weeks after that before I had to have another motorcycle so I bought a 09 ultra classic. I was wheeling and dealing on wings and ultra classics and i ended up with an ultra classic. Do not worry I will stay here for a long while and hopefully in four years yama momma willl bring out a new touring bike and I can buy that one. I have found out that there are some good things about the ultra classic. One big thing that I had to get used to, is when I first started riding the ultra classic, it felt like I was riding a small motorcycle. As I put on the miles, I have started to get used to this feeling. One thing I do like is with the sound system, I can go 75mph and I can still hear the radio without any mods

have a great day:sun:

bryan

Your going to Love the long rides thats for sure, Peg really loves the Gold Wing she says it like sitting in a lazy boy. I Love the handling and the power is out of this world low end top end its there when ever you needed it. Only thing I have problem with on the Wing is leg room, so I have to use hi way pegs or my knees would swell up big time, other than That I love the Wing. Oh and the air filter you can install a K&N air filter and not worry about it for another 50,000 miles!!

I have the RSV Roadkill had and I love it too!!!!! Thanks Roadkill. Best of both worlds.

Oh they still let me on here too. :whistling: Don't know why..:think:

As many here know, I have a GW. After already riding a little over 11k since first weekend of May this year, I can say the Venture is a much more comfortable bike. I loved my venture and took pain-staking hours to keep it up. The Venture, as one already above mentioned, is a breeze to work on compaired to the Wing. Just changing brake pads is a PITA on a wing.

The seat on a Venture is much more comfortable then the seat on a wing. The stereo on a venture out does the stereo on the 01 thru 05 wings. In 06 GW came out with a whole better stereo then the Venture.

As for a VR.Goldwing site, I personally dont think there would be enough GW riders here to pay for it. Hell We cant get but a few of the 8k plus members to be "supportive members" on this Venture site.

Anyone needing tech help on thier wing, i would be happy to help on the things I have learned about the wing if anyone needs GW help.

All in all, the Venture is a beautiful ride. The GW may have more power, but the Venture has many benifits that the wing does not have.

Eck your Gold Wing radio should out perform the Venture? I put both mine side by side and my 01 Wing blows the 03 Venture out of the water the music is better on the Wing?

Both are totally different that's for sure but I love them both.:banana:

Edited by buddy

As for a VR.Goldwing site, I personally dont think there would be enough GW riders here to pay for it. Hell We cant get but a few of the 8k plus members to be "supportive members" on this Venture site. .

Believe me, I in NO WAY wanted a whole new site:crying: Just a folder in this site would be nice sometimes to ask other GW folks questions on specific issues.

By the Way I'm with you, I agree that the RSV is more comfortable. I like my Wing and probably won't change till a new RSV comes out.

the only complaint i have on my wing is the leg position, which i have overcome with modified kuryakyn highway boards. buddy has seen them, and he can elaborate if he wants. not quite as good as the venture boards but almost there. i like the venture because it looks more like a bike should look. that is just personal opinion. i have two v-twins a v-star 1300 and a nomad 1600, if i want that look. looks are not that critical cuz i'm not out to impress anyone. if they don't like my bike i don't really care. in all other aspects the new wings will blow the ventures away. not even in the same league, nor is the harley or bmw. not bashing the venture cuz i think they are fine bikes. just got to be honest. i thought about buying a venture but i am addicted to the wing power and sport bike like handling. my favorite ride as of right now is my v-star 1300. it just feels good and does almost everything right. i am not bragging. i thank god every day for the things i have and can do. i love all bikes even the ugly ones. never met a bike i would'nt take home with me. i've brought some crappy ones home to momma. :rotf::rotf::2133: snarley bill

Hope your happy I tried that once and cried and complained for 14 month's till I had enough equity it my 2006 GL1800 with Nav. and Comfort to make a decent trade and at last I'm back on a 2009 RSV. I absolutely couldn't stand to be on the GL1800 period, what a mistake. Miliage sucked, it was by far the hottest machine I ever rode:scorched:, Honda still can't produce a seat you can sit in for more than 100 miles I took no trips on it more than one day away. Just never got comfortable, hope you do better on your's but I guess the good thing is they hold there value so if you ever decide on another RSV, maybe when Yamaha makes the 3rd gen. (a bike without a cassette player) you'll probably be able to make a good trade.

I was at the dealer the other day and he told me that the new strat tourer bike looks like its going to take over for the venture since they are not doing anything other than raising the price to 20K for the 2010 venture. the new strat does look cool in the pictures and its has a radio n the fairing.