IGNORED

sorry guys, but I'm jumping ship

scotty

Hope your happy I tried that once and cried and complained for 14 month's till I had enough equity it my 2006 GL1800 with Nav. and Comfort to make a decent trade and at last I'm back on a 2009 RSV. I absolutely couldn't stand to be on the GL1800 period, what a mistake. Miliage sucked, it was by far the hottest machine I ever rode:scorched:, Honda still can't produce a seat you can sit in for more than 100 miles I took no trips on it more than one day away. Just never got comfortable, hope you do better on your's but I guess the good thing is they hold there value so if you ever decide on another RSV, maybe when Yamaha makes the 3rd gen. (a bike without a cassette player) you'll probably be able to make a good trade.
larry, i just road to memphis last saturday 640 mile round trip in one day on my wing. could have went another couple of hundred miles. i had no problem with the seat. the venture is a very nice bike but they are getting kind of dated in technology. my main complaint was wallowing in curves when pushed hard do to frame flex and the constant shifting do to lack of low end torque. the wing frame with the engine as a stressed member is rock solid. i push it hard in the curves and it just has a solid feel. mostly two up. there are times that i just want the old fashion motorcycle feel and look so i ride my v-star or nomad. they both have that down low torque. probably won't be buying anymore bikes, gettiing at the age where i won't be riding a whole lot longer, and i just about got the best cross section of rides to choose from. i even have a race prepped kaw zx-14 if i want a real kick in the butt, and a majesty scooter if i want to go to home depot in luxury with out having to shift. i never had a venture but i had a venturized 05 rstd that i put 18,000 miles on and i really loved that bike. it was beautiful. baically the same bike as a venture. i was having major leg issues back then, and it got just to top heavy for me at parking lot speeds. so it had to go before i dropped it. :2133: Edited by Snarley Bill