IGNORED

I believe i made a good deal - pics

massey130

i just bought off of ebay a BRAND NEW V-FACTOR MOTORCYCLE AIR SHOCK PUMP. THIS PUMP IS HAS A DIE CAST BASE AND 2 - 3 PSI BLEED OFF BUTTONS FOR PRECISE ADJUSTMENTS.0-60 PSI GUAGE WITH A 360" SWIVEL ON THE AIR HOSE AND A 9" LENGTH. i got it for 29.95 and free, yea free shipping. i did an ebay search for motorcycle hand pump.

I hope i did ok as most members have the progressive suspension hand pump. the cheapest i could find progressive was here -

http://www.debrix.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=20118-M1

for 38 dolla's and 13.5o cent fur shipping.

when it arrives, i will put it to use & see how our RSV behaves under a little bit of pressure.

carb tune stuff is next on the list of tools to aquire.

dale in La

hi dale

you did good, i have the same pump. i have both pumps like sarge (rick). just be carefull this pump is not realy made to use on the forks. the syringe type pump has a more percise gauge and a slower fill rate.

best reguards

don c.

p.s. i also have the morgan carb tune & a clip on tack. can come over there to help ya & anyone else. did i hear something about a mx day in your neck of the woods?

Edited by gunboat

when the pump gets here, i will have a good look see.

I have not heard of a maint day in Louisiana.

I would like that & would make every effort to attend.

I would even bring my new but not here hand pump.

I will need to search to see if someone posted about a maint day.

I know there is supposed to be a M & E in the neighborhood.

also one in central mississippi.

if you know more, please let me know.

thanks.

hi dale

i kinda threw that in there just to see if there was any interest. but if any of the louisiana ventureriders would host a mx day, i would be willing to ride over and help do the carb tune & what ever i could help with. i still plan on september 26th to do a ride from houston to avery island ( tour the tasboco plant ). stlll hope to have a meet and eat there.

when i come over to avery island on the 26 of sept i'll bring mine to show you.

best reguards

don c.

Edited by gunboat

• 3 months later...

This seller has listing for multiple units of the Progressive Suspension GP3 Pump for $22.00 OBO plus $3.00 shipping. I offered $17 and he countered at $20. I purchased the pump and received it quickly. I have not had an opportunity to use it yet, but it feels solid. He says he has 19 available.

Here is link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitemversion=&item=130353970525&view=all&tid=382256914003

That's a good price but if it is the 0-300 psi, I really don't like that wide a range. All you need for our bikes is the 0-60 as it will cover the entire range of our shocks and I think would be more accurate at the lower end needed for the front forks.

i did an ebay search for motorcycle hand pump.

I just did the same thing. Thanks. The local H-D dealerships seemed to heard that they were selling Progressive hand pumps cheaper than the going rate, and ratcheted up the price. They had none in stock but were happy to order it for me at $59.95. :whistling:

Dave

That's a good price but if it is the 0-300 psi, I really don't like that wide a range. All you need for our bikes is the 0-60 as it will cover the entire range of our shocks and I think would be more accurate at the lower end needed for the front forks.

That was what I was thinking and since I keep my forks set at 7 (1 up or 2), I only need the pump for rear shock adjustment and checking tire pressure.

I just did the same thing. Thanks. The local H-D dealerships seemed to heard that they were selling Progressive hand pumps cheaper than the going rate, and ratcheted up the price. They had none in stock but were happy to order it for me at $59.95. :whistling:

Dave

did u ask them if they've seen ur bird friend lately???:happy34:

Since i have had this awhile, I can report that I have used this air pump off and on and i do like it. once you have you air where you want it, then the air pump becomes a maintenance tool. I have adjusted the rear shock as i get feedback from the Misses on the ride.

for anyone who doesn't have one of these, they do come in handy. the gauge reads just fine for the front forks. you gotta be on your game though to get the valve part screwed onto the valve stem so you don't loose air whilest wanting to add some.

thanks to the members who gave me direction in finding my hand air pump.