IGNORED

And the Questions are...

I would paint the bags to match the bike... Mostly because it would be less work. Also, it would keep it original (presuming the bike has not been painted before).

When I look at used vehicles one thing I look for is to see if I can tel whether it has been painted before or not. This is because painting a vehicle (or parts of a vehicle) is a possible indicator that there was a problem at some point. (There are some that get painted just so they look better or because the owner did not like the color or whatever, but you never know.) This can be a moot point though for a few reasons. 1) If you plan on keeping your bike for a while AND you want the bike to match the saddlebags because you like it better then go for it. 2) If you do a nice job (or whoever paints it) then one may not be able to tell it has been painted outside of the factory (other than the colors not matching what was offered OEM that particular year) 3) not everyone shares the same concern as I do about a repainted vehicle...

Bottom line, It is your bike, pick which color you like the best and go for it! :)

My feelings are that you take awhile to determine which color scheme you like best, and then paint the bags or bike to match.

Life's too short to worry about what someone else thinks would be the best color (unless that someone else is the BOSS!). Just do what you think would look best to you.

:confused24::confused24::confused24:

1. Should I paint the bags to match the bike? Yes

2. Should I paint the Ivory on the bike to match the Black Cherry? No

3. Do neither and name my bike "The Coat of Many Colors"? :cool10: No

4. Anyone interested in the leather bags I took off? :confused07:

No thank you

Hey wes,

just like we chatted the other night. Do the origional ivory in black cherry, and the origional black in ivory, The white walls would jump right out at you, and would look awesome. The more i look at the pic, thats what id do. anyway good luck and i really like the hard bags! It's a tough choice but either way, if you keep it origional black/ivory you still got a winner!........ winner winner chicken dinner!!!!!