IGNORED

Avon Cobra and Kumho C/T Install....Woohoo

Bloodbought1

Just a little background....

I ran Car tires on my 2005 wing for 30000 miles or more and loved it.... So I had researched before buying the 2009 Venture. Heard a lot of folks on here talking about the Avon and Kumho so I decided I would "like" them on mine.....Not a chance.....Not only do I " like" this tire combo...I "Love" them. The ride is drastically greater. The handling is superb compared to the previous with the Bridgestone Bias tires. If you are on the fence about this .....Jump on board....JMHO :banana:

got the corbra mounted on the beast tuesday after 5:00 pm. ran some lite twistes (the montgomery trace) and i-45 back to houston. wow what a ride, i will have to agree that the crobra/ kumho are the way to go. bike was rock solid thru the twisties and freeway speeds upwards of 100 mph. at normal speeds set the cruise control and let go, not a issue with one hand holding the bars. its like all i have to do is just think to go left or right and the bike goes. the two radials work well together. now to give the 3-sisters a run. will post more as i give this combo more time and miles.

don c.

I am a tire dealer and paid 44.20 plus tax, which is my cost for the Kumho .

HTH

So...Uh....Hey there Mr. Tire Dealer. I'll be needing a Kuhmo soon....:D

I am a Charter Member of the Venture Darkside club. I was almost the first, but Wizard received his tire before me!!:bawling:

the bfg was my first c/t got almost 31,000 miles on before i changed to the kumho. i only got to ride it for 20 miles before parking the bike again. now a week later after installing the avon corbra on the front (had a me880 wirh 22,000 miles on it). wow what a difference as far as this combo it's great. now it's like i just think about going left or right and the bike goes. just my 2-cents.

don c.

Edited by gunboat