IGNORED

ready to buy heated gear ?

davepa

I have Gerbings gloves, jacket liner and pants. The main reasons I went with them is

1. a local dealer and

2. a huge police discount.

That being said, I rode almost every day last winter, with temps down into the low 20's and was never uncomfortable. The gloves will cook your hands, the pants make it just tolerable and the jacket liner will have you sweating. YMMV.

Just as a warning, if you go with Gerbing ask before hand what their policy is if you have a problem and make a note of who you talk to. I spent over $200 dollars for a pair of gloves and had a problem that I never got resolved. You can click on the link in my signature line to read the details.

I'll just say I was very unhappy with their service after the sale.

I have had Gerbing for decades without problems. My jacket liner failed after many years and I did not expect Gerbing to replace/repair it.

If I had my gloves for "many years" I wouldn't expect them to replace them either, but they were brand new out of the box and they wouldn't even check them out.

If I had my gloves for "many years" I wouldn't expect them to replace them either, but they were brand new out of the box and they wouldn't even check them out.

I also have Gerbings Liner and Gloves. When I got my Venture, I did not have to use my Liner since my body was pretty much protected from the wind. All I needed were my heated gloves. Good quality, but I have no comment if their merchandise fail. For warranty, they have a lifetime warranty due to failure of the heating elements.

Guest Boomerbiker

I have the Gerbing gloves and jacket liner. Toasty. They survived the crash of '06 with the gloves scratched on the knuckles. Still work like new.

I know some of yall will be riding in much colder temps than I do but I use a riding suit made by Scorpian. It is not heated and it is waterproof. The jacket has 3 zip out liners and the pants have 1 liner. The coldest temp I have ridden in was 26 deg F for about 80 miles and I didn't come close to being cold. I do ride an RSV which keeps a lot of the wind off of me. I bought the suit at Mountain Adventures in Conyers GA. The entire suit cost me slightly over $400.00. I would think that I could ride in the teens all day long without getting cold. I have been well pleased with it but in GA, we rarely see temps in the 20's.