IGNORED

Tire order

kbran

Decided to try out the Elite 3 and when I went to order at southwestmoto I got a cetificate problem eror with the web site. I over-road it the first time but then there was an eror and the order didn't go thru. Tried again but got nervous about the message about a fake site stealing identity so I tried to look up a number to call and since they decided not to take phone orders they don't list their number. Well I have ordered 3 sets of tires from them and know that squid always recomends them because of what they did for Charlie, but they just lost my buisness, sorrry. First off you can't contact them about a problem since they have changed owners, second their prices are a bit high even with free shipping on 2. I tried american motorcycle tires next and the order went thru at app.$239 with shipping compared to 248 at southwest. Then got a notice the the rear tire is backordered for 3-4 weeks, they let me cancel the order. Checked another site and the rear was out of stock. Then denniskirk who I have used a bit over the years and last I looked they scarred me with that $5 per tire charge. Well it turns out that is the shipping and still was cheaper than anyone else at $224 total and change for both tires.

SWMoto is getting bad, I do hate not being able to talk with a human being. I dont blame you Kenny, I think that I would have done the same thing. It seems now that the Honda dealership has taken it over that it's going to hell with the service. If you can get them cheaper, I'll tell anyone to do it, customer service is what initially kept me with them. if it's not there now, then they wont my/our business here on the site. Perhaps an email to them is in order

:scratchchin:

I guess I am pretty lucky... My local dealership sells their tires slightly above their cost. Last time I was there ( I was giving a buddy a ride home - he was getting tires on his) I priced out a set of E3s for mine. Rear was $109 and the front was something like 70 or 80 bucks.

On top of that they keep these ON HAND (they only have Dunlops on hand) and anything they don't have they can get next day.

I just hope these folks don't change owners any time soon.

Next time try Motorcycle Pro Shop, thats where I order my tires from and get good prices and free shipping...........

http://www.motorcycleproshop.com/tires.asp

Decided to try out the Elite 3 and when I went to order at southwestmoto I got a cetificate problem eror with the web site. I over-road it the first time but then there was an eror and the order didn't go thru. Tried again but got nervous about the message about a fake site stealing identity so I tried to look up a number to call and since they decided not to take phone orders they don't list their number. Well I have ordered 3 sets of tires from them and know that squid always recomends them because of what they did for Charlie, but they just lost my buisness, sorrry. First off you can't contact them about a problem since they have changed owners, second their prices are a bit high even with free shipping on 2. I tried american motorcycle tires next and the order went thru at app.$239 with shipping compared to 248 at southwest. Then got a notice the the rear tire is backordered for 3-4 weeks, they let me cancel the order. Checked another site and the rear was out of stock. Then denniskirk who I have used a bit over the years and last I looked they scarred me with that $5 per tire charge. Well it turns out that is the shipping and still was cheaper than anyone else at $224 total and change for both tires.