IGNORED

How is the riding around The Hub?

Dave77459

My friends are figuring out a trip to AR in the middle of October. One proposed stop is at Cliff House, which is right down the road from The Hub.

How was the riding around The Hub? We're mostly passing through on Hwy 17 and Hwy 74.

Food recommendations in the area?

Anyone ever stay at Cliff House? It looks very nice.

Dave

Cliff House is good food with a fantastic view. Well worth the stop, you won't regret it. Most of the riding in the area is good. You will have a great ride through there. We ride in that area a couple of times a year - it's a weekend trip from where we live. I cannot remember the roads you mentioned but I'm usually taking the pictures.

Rosebud suggested we stop at the Cliff House Inn to eat. It was well worth it. (Thanks, Rosebud.) We didn't stay there, but if the rooms are anything like the restaurant they have a spectacular view.

Now, roads to ride. Well, let's see, 7, 74, 16, 412, 123, ... Tell you what, check this out. The flyer'll keep you busy for most of a week. Slick printed versions are readily available in the area.

Irene and I definately want to go back.

Edited by Bummer
adjusted turn of phrase

My friends are figuring out a trip to AR in the middle of October. One proposed stop is at Cliff House, which is right down the road from The Hub.

How was the riding around The Hub? We're mostly passing through on Hwy 17 and Hwy 74.

Food recommendations in the area?

Anyone ever stay at Cliff House? It looks very nice.

Dave

the cliff house is strictly a restaurant you can't stay there. they don't serve dinner there. i think they close at 3 or 4pm. really neat stop. ate there several times. stay at the hub. randall should have a load of ride brochures that we left from the 09 rally. i am going to have a get together at the hub next spring. fantastic place to home base for some great riding. it's almost my home away from home. tell randall your a venture rider. he will take care of you. :2133:

Cliff House is good food with a fantastic view. Well worth the stop, you won't regret it. Most of the riding in the area is good. You will have a great ride through there. We ride in that area a couple of times a year - it's a weekend trip from where we live. I cannot remember the roads you mentioned but I'm usually taking the pictures.

Have any of y'all stayed at the Cliff House? My wife thinks EconoLodge is roughing it. :bang head: We have about 10 bikes going down in October as well.

Peg said the The Inn is down below the restaurant area. We never stayed their but the rooms are limited meaning theres not that many, if you ever ate at the restaurant you know what I mean its not that big either but the food is awesome. If your planning a group stay the Hub is your best choice, The Cliff house Inn is real small,it be nice for a couple but not as a group stay.

Peg said the The Inn is down below the restaurant area. We never stayed their but the rooms are limited meaning theres not that many, if you ever ate at the restaurant you know what I mean its not that big either but the food is awesome. If your planning a group stay the Hub is your best choice, The Cliff house Inn is real small,it be nice for a couple but not as a group stay.
thats amazing. from the looks of the rooms they are very nice. must be kind of in the basement. i wonder how you get to them. might book a stay there next year. :)

There is HOG group filling The Hub. The Cliff House is full too. Ah... Fall colors! Now we are figuring out where else to stay. Harrison seems the most likely.

FYI, the Cliff House restaurant is open until 7:45PM between April 1 and October 31. The rest of the year, it closes at 2:45PM.

I appreciate all the feedback on this. Thanks!

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

We had a planning meeting this morning regarding our trip in a few weeks to Arkansas. Not far from the Hub is Mt. Judea. North of Mt. Judea, Hwy 123 shows on our maps as paved. But south of Mt. Judea, it looks like Hwy 123 is gravel or dirt until it reaches Hwy 16. Other sources suggest that it is paved.

Can anyone recall the condition of Hwy 123 between Mt. Judea and Hwy 16?

Dave

The Apple Blossom Inn in Eureka Springs is really nice and reasonably priced, if you are around that way. I have stayed there a couple times. The Cliffhouse is a very good place to eat, if they have their blackberry cobbler, spend the money, even if you are so full a "wafer thin mint" will make you explode. Really, its that good.

Also in Eureka Springs, there is a really good restaurant just down the road that looks kinda like an over sized log cabin, and has an AWESOME breakfast buffet, for about $6.

I am not terribly familiar with that part of AR, I just follow the guys that are. The Pig trail is nice, and there are a lot of out of the way roads that are just awe inspiring. If anyone is interested, I will try and get a hold of my friends and see about getting a line on some of those really good roads.