IGNORED

Aftermarket TCI available!

Is any one using the Ignitech TCI as it is originally shipped with out the MAP sensor? If so how has it worked out for them.:think:

You can run the TCI without the Boost Sensor, but it will effect power when bike is under load. I have a few spare MAP sensors if you want to get one. I also have extra wires with terminals on them for the 20 pin main connector into the TCI.

Ignitech is selling these with the wiring harness setup to use the stock sensor. I elected to furnish new MAP sensors with units I resell, due to many of the original stock boost sensors have been known to fail. Also the stock sensor is a 12vdc based unit. Ignitech has told me this will work with their unit. When I get them, Ignitech wires the harness to not use stock sensor and I add the 3 wires to run the aftermarket MAP sensor.

Your price from Ignitech without the MAP sensor is not much less with shipping than what I charge for TCI with a new MAP sensor. This is due to I get a decent discount from Ignitech due to having bought as many as I have, and I get 20 at a time, so shipping is far less per unit. Shipping is about $68 usd for 1 unit. I am not making a huge amount of money on these, but I am making enough to make it worth my time. There is a VMax rebuilder in North Royalton, Oh. that is selling the basic unit for $495, without MAP sensor or other items I furnish.

http://planetvmax.com/store/#!/~/product/category=3613426&id=15357907

Gary

HI TVKING63, I am new to the group and am very interested in the TCI. I want to get a new one. I have an 83 which I bought new in 83. It needs a new TCI and I have already gone the Ebay route. I tried your link but got a page not found, but more importantly you mentioned that 83 is not supported compared to the 84 thru 89. What is different please? thx

First, Welcome Phenix Rider.

For the stock TCI, the 83 is different that 84-89 but when ordering a IgniTech box, they are all the same and works fine on an 83. The 83 uses a ported vacuum source for the boost sensor, all other years use manifold vacuum. Since the stock boost sensor isn't used with the the IgniTech box 83-89 can all use the same one. If you add a MAP sensor you have to be sure you put your vacuum hose in the right place as the factory hose location on an 83 is different.

I didn't realize that the link was broken. Here is the correct link.

http://www.ignitech.cz/en/

I've updated the OP with the new link.

They don't have a part # system for their products so you have to email them and ask for a Sparker TCIP4 for a 83 Yamaha Venture, or whatever year you bike is. If you think you might add a MAP sensor at some point, be sure to ask them to send some additional electrical pins. Most of the time you get them anyway but not always. You'll need them to run the wires to the MAP sensor.

Edited by tvking63

• 3 weeks later...

Seems to me that they would offer to provide you with a free unit for your testing, research, and evaluation efforts....Not to mention you have access to who knows how many riders here on this forum and others as well....We should go for a group buy provided that it will cover programing CDs and info for all bikes that the forum membership uses.

I have a desk top computer in the garage connected to the internet. With a nice long cord I can use it to program the TCI. I really would rather just BUY the thing ready to go for my application... surely we're not the only crazies running these bikes...I have a 83 AND a 85. So I would need one each....

Seems to me that they would offer to provide you with a free unit for your testing, research, and evaluation efforts....Not to mention you have access to who knows how many riders here on this forum and others as well....We should go for a group buy provided that it will cover programing CDs and info for all bikes that the forum membership uses.

I have a desk top computer in the garage connected to the internet. With a nice long cord I can use it to program the TCI. I really would rather just BUY the thing ready to go for my application... surely we're not the only crazies running these bikes...I have a 83 AND a 85. So I would need one each....

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=82733

TCI's are ordered, MAP sensors and all other components of kits will be here today. Do not know a ship date for TCI's.

Gary

• 5 months later...
Misters, Ignitech TCI at a driving strongly heats up. It is a normal operating mode? TCI is established on airbox.

I have not heard any comments on heat being excessive.

It does have all the current that operates coils pass through it.

Gary

The block heats up to 50C. I have COP from Honda CBR 929.

The TCI has a program setting on the Miscellaneous tab, half way down left side of screen, Dwell. With Coil over Plugs, this needs to be set to Short or Auto. This setting compensates for the lower resistance of COP's. In order to do this, you need TCI connected to a computer.

Running it at Long setting will draw excessive current through Ignitech TCI, and may cause it to overheat & fail.

Did you get the manual when you bought your Ignitech ? I don't recall selling one to you. I can email it to you if you don't have it.

Gary

Strange, in an insertion there is an option AUTO. Perhaps Short should trying to choose forcibly?

I ordered a set. To me to the Czech Republic rather nearby. So I have an instruction.

At me now costs MAP sensor. What type of a sensor to me to choose-TPS or IAP? If TPS, what range of volts is necessary?

• 3 weeks later...

In the software of v88 there was a sensor of IAP (Intake pressure sensor) its range:

20kPa - 0.96V

101 kPa - 2.21V

Who knows, it is control for standard boost sensor MkI, or it is necessary to connect third-party MAP sensor?

In the software of v88 there was a sensor of IAP (Intake pressure sensor) its range:

20kPa - 0.96V

101 kPa - 2.21V

Who knows, it is control for standard boost sensor MkI, or it is necessary to connect third-party MAP sensor?

The Ignitech can use either the stock Venture sensor or an aftermarket sensor. A one bar sensor is best option. I include an aftermarket unit that is wired into adapter cable. There were a couple of issues that drove the new MAP sensor. 1st, the stock sensor is a 12v output. Ignitech said 12v would be OK with TCI, which is 5V based input/outputs. 2nd, by supplying a new MAP, there was a known good replacement for the stock sensor, which has been known to have failed.

I have been using TPS setting on units I sell.

MKI, MKII and VMax settings are similar for MAP settings, no substantial differences.

Gary

I exposed Short-all the same it is heated, but it seems as already degrees to 35C.

You also have third option of Manual setting.

In attached picture, I drew an arrow to the 3 settings that are added when Manual dwell is selected. I have not worked with this setting though. It would seem that shortening the dwell time would help.

Gary

Means, I should connect MAP sensor and to choose the IAP mode in settings?

I have no laptop for insertion control on the working motorcycle. Prompt me the range of work of MAP sensor for the TCIP control. Or these parameters are established strictly individually for each motorcycle?

At present I go with standard boost sensor and the factory IAP control.

PS

Whether it is necessary to disconnect at connection of MAP sensor standard boost sensor (on current supply)?

Edited by KISA

Problem in that I have v88 software. I already connected sockets 6 and 7. It turns out that TCIP already from a box is adjusted for work with a standard sensor. I solve what of sensors will better work...

I received the laptop) the Standard sensor with an atmospheric pressure showed more than 5V. It seems that I died. I pulled out the plugs which are responsible for a standard sensor from a pad.

I connected the Finnish sensor. There was a problem - pressure jumped from 0 to 100%. I checked connection - all according to the instruction.

There are ideas how to calm these fluctuations of pressure? Insertion I used here this

https://app.box.com/s/5stmpirii07psgbfiwuq

I tried the setup shown in attached pictures. I used a 5 port Vacu-tite fitting to tie the 4 sync ports together. The 5th port ran to a 1 1/2" PVC pipe with a cap on both ends. I tried several lengths of the chamber and the shortest possible worked to smooth out pulses while still not inducing to much lag.

Not using it now, just running vacuum from #2 port.

Gary

I received the laptop) the Standard sensor with an atmospheric pressure showed more than 5V. It seems that I died. I pulled out the plugs which are responsible for a standard sensor from a pad.

I connected the Finnish sensor. There was a problem - pressure jumped from 0 to 100%. I checked connection - all according to the instruction.

There are ideas how to calm these fluctuations of pressure? Insertion I used here this

https://app.box.com/s/5stmpirii07psgbfiwuq

You have what Ignitech is supplying. Attached is a PDF file showing how I wire cables to use after market Sensor. I included some pictures of harness that has MAP wires added.

I don't see a major difference between IAP & TPS settings other than the IAP settings are variable on left side of advance graph. The usage of either setting is dependent on an external sensor to vary a 0-5vdc signal in response to changing air pressure values.

I have a TPS in place on Tweety, I just haven't hooked the Ignitech up to it. couple of pictures of what I did. 3D printed a modified spool in the throttle junction block to drive TPS.

Gary

Devil's pressure:confused:

I connected the fuel filter volume 50cm/\3, the situation improved.

For the closed gate it turned out 2,4V. And here opening of the gate is read only when dumping gas.

Gary, whether instead of it is time to start printing the modified coils on sale? ? ?

Devil's pressure:confused:

I connected the fuel filter volume 50cm/\3, the situation improved.

For the closed gate it turned out 2,4V. And here opening of the gate is read only when dumping gas.

Gary, whether instead of it is time to start printing the modified coils on sale? ? ?

Sorry, I don't understand previous post ???

Gary

At all it isn't pleasant to me MAP-sensor applications. TPS works much more precisely. Also is established rather easily on our motorcycle. Gary, you couldn't sell me the modified coil?

attachment.php?attachmentid=84922&d=1402023582