IGNORED

Daytona Biketoberfest 09 who's going

footsie

Ok its getting close to time, for Biketoberfest. I did not get to the meeting last year but,

WHO is planning to go this year, as usual we will go down on wednesday and come back on monday.

Is anyone planning a venture M&E during the 2009 Biketoberfest.

Let us know, would love to meet.

Gregg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wil be there, it is only a 25 mile ride.

Hey Ruffy, you want to do the same as last year, or should we find a new place?

I know a little Italian place in Edgewater where you can get a cannoli.

I wish I could eat italian but alas I cant. Im limited to steak now. I gave up all of my bad habits since you last saw me. I dont know....I kinda like that place. Food is good..parking is good.... BS area is good....but do you think those Georgia troublemakers will show up this time???:stickpoke:

I'll have to check the dates and see if I can get some time off, otherwise I'm game to show up there for the weekend. Its about a 5-6 hour ride for me from Cape Coral if I back road it. is it easier to get rooms in October than in March??

Derrek

How about the Charlie Horse bar and grill, a little over a mile north of main street on A1A for a M&E.

Gregg

I have been to the Charlie Horse several times. During bike week its a mad house there. Parking lot is usually full and so is the restaurant. You would be real lucky to get a table together much less seating for maybe 30 of us at one time. We did a M&E several years ago at Martins, an oceanfront restaurant in A1A in Flagler beach. JRichard, you were there too. Our seats were scattered and there was no hang-out area outside to shoot the bull. This is one of the reasons why I like the US-1 restaurant (old Sly Fox). I have never been to the first turn either so I cant comment on it.

That being said, you guys decide where you all want to meet up. Im game for anything. Im not committing to anything right now because of some bad things going on at work right now. :2cents::hurts:

I vote we stay away from A1a or any place around Mainstreet, it is always a mess and hard to get to anyplace in that area. The old Sly Fox in South Daytona is as good as any. As stated above good parking, not crowded, good place outside to sit and BS.

Just my 2 cents.

The first turn you can eat out or in-------there is plenty of shade--------there will b vendors there as well!-----------OH! they ALSO have gr8 'adult libations' toooo-------and Nascar stuff----from days gone by--------------just my observations----I am sure they also have a web site--------------:cool10::usa:-------and I don't know if they raise $$$$ as most establishments do-----during the event??????

Heres the info for first turn.....it looks like its about 1 mile south of the US-1 restaurant.

First Turn Lounge

• (386) 788-5434

5236 S Ridgewood Ave, Port Orange, FL 32127 Get directions Cross Streets: Near the intersection of S Ridgewood Ave and Howes St.

One of you guys need to set this up as im not 100% sure ill be there. All depends on my work situation.

I plan to be down there Saturday the 18th. And maybe during the day 16th and 17th, but I have to work evenings both those days so not too sure about them.

Ahhh!!! make that Saturday the 17th and during the day Thurs and Fri the 15th and 16th.

If enough people decide on the Fri I should be able to get that day off too.

:snow2:

Careful...you might be snowed in ....:snow2::snow2:

Hey Ruff that didn't stop me in March going to Bike Week... I ran in 3-4" of snow and slush for the 45 miles between Belfast & Augusta and then again in DC but it was just wet roads down there and wasn't sticking... I think the only thing that saved me was my All-Season car tire on the back and the trailer... I did do some fishtailing on the hills on Rte 3... That will make certain things pucker... But I lived to tell about it so it was all good