IGNORED

Warning on stock brake light

Bigfoot

I am on my 30 day ride thru the New England states right now. The wife joined me by flying in and renting a car. She followed me to Bar Harbor for a few days then followed me to Camden where we're staying. She leaves today and I'll resume riding.

A few months ago I added a new LED light strip on the back of the bike as well as some other goodies. This strip has three lights that stay on full time and about 5 others light up very bright when I apply the brakes. During bothe times the wife has followed me it has been very sunny. She said that she often cannot even see the stock brake light but the new strip is very visible, even in the sun. She thinks I need to fix that right away but she also knows the LED provides good protection/warning.

Just an FYI in case anyone was thinking of adding any lights back there. DO IT.

The rear of the RSV and a lot of other bikes IMHO does not have enough lights to be seen well in the daytime or at night. I highly suggest the Genesis LED replacement for the tail/brake lights of the RSV and Tour Deluxe.

The Genesis LED has 32 Superbright LED's that really makes an difference.

Now they have the Genesis ll with 100 superbright LEDS that will almost blind you at night.

I swapped my Genesis to the new Genesis ll 100 LED module.

The units cost $50-55 for the Genesis and about $85-90 for the Genesis ll LED's

The installation is a snap...they plug in just like the single bulb (Push and twist) and there is no other wiring or load equalizers to install.

This Works great and you will be seen.

Any other additional LED lighting to the rear of the bike just make them that more visible. Light bars and other lights are a plus for you.

Some LED's are brighter than others...the technology is moving fast and they are improving all the time.

Custom dynamics is where I buy all mine. They usually keep the newer brighter stuff.

I suggest all of you upgrade the back of your bikes so you will be around here a long long time.

:thumbsup:

+1 to basically what everyone has said here.

The Radiantz 32 LED board (I have been told) IS visible (both running light and brake light) during the sunny day time. I got mine from 'bikerhiway'.

http://www.bikerhiway.com/led-tail-light-for-yamaha-road-star-and-vstar-p-176.html

wow, the price went up since I ordered mine, but here it is. [i also added the Stebel air horn ordered from this site and for the two combined it was the best price I could find]

Good advice though Bigfoot! :thumbsup2: