IGNORED

Why not a V-6?

Venturous Randy

Randya There was a V6 bike That I saw in Canada at the Super Bike Show in Toronto maybe ten years ago. The Company was the Canadian version of the Boss Hoss Company out of Georgia, They had two models for sale. One was a V8 and the other was a smaller 3.0 L V6. It still looked big but not so out of place as the V8 engine looks. I saw that company at the Show the last two years I went but I've never heard anything more about the bike or the company. Maybe some of our Canadian bretheren can fill in th eblanks to my memory on this one

I did not know there was a canadian version of Boss Hoss. The Boss Hoss company makes the 3.8 GM V-6 and a 350 and 454. You can get the 454 with 450hp. There is a 454/450 hp one that shows up at our weekly cruise-in ocassionally and it hits a wicked lick.

I talked to a guy with the 350 version at a gas station and when he pulled out on the highway, he brought it up to about 30mph and nailed it for a couple of seconds and it looked like a top fuel dragster doing a burnout.

RandyA

Yes Randya there was a company that made similar versions of the V8 and V6 but i have no idea if they ever made it as a company. I've never seen a V6 engined bike on the road only the one I saw on display at the The Super Show in Toronto. So there was one but how many ever made it into production I can't answer.

Yamaha built a V8 for use in limos. Don't know if they still build it. The old aluminum block buick engine really got around. It was used in the rover and TR8 and also in the Chaterham 7. At 1400 lbs with the V8 in it the 7 was the fastest accelerating road car in the world for a while.